|Quest Giver||Given after the completion of The Path of Dawn at Green Emperor Way|
|Location||Cloud Ruler Temple|
Lake Arrius Caverns
|Prerequisite||The Path of Dawn|
|Reward||+ 1 Fame|
It is determined that the location of the Dagon Shrine is in Lake Arrius Caverns. The Hero have two options to go about completing this quest.
- Infiltrate the Mythic Dawn by pretending to join them.
- Slaughter them all. (The tougher of the two, considering this quest is early on.)
Infiltrating the shrineEdit
Note: After the quest updates with the message "I have arrived at Lake Arrius Caverns. The secret Mythic Dawn shrine must be somewhere inside" if one exit the cave at any time, then re-enter the cave, one will not be able to get back out. Be sure to obtain the Mysterium Xarxes before exiting the cave or one will be unable to finish the main quest!)
Upon entering the cave the Hero will be greeted by a Doorman who tells them to speak to Harrow. Harrow will require them to give him all of their items and gold. Harrow will lead them into a dark sacrificial chamber where after a short speech from Mankar Camoran they will be invited to join the Mythic Dawn.
They will be prompted to kill the prisoner Jeelius and if this is done they will become an acolyte of the Mythic Dawn. Some of the cultists that were attending the ceremony will leave, making it reasonably easier to escape.
If desiding to release Jeelius, the cultists will attack him and the Hero. If Jeelius makes it out of the cave alive, he will reward them later increasing the Alchemy, Restoration and Mysticism skills by 1 when visiting him in the Temple of the One in the Imperial City. Be warned though, it can be difficult to keep up with him and protect him, because he runs very fast.
Purging the caverns of the Mythic DawnEdit
Follow the marker in through the cave to the large cavern and kill everyone that attacks. Watch when Mankar Camoran do his speech and then disappear before attacking any Mythic Dawn member, as everything picked up in the cave will be considered "stolen". Sneak up behind if possible and dispose of all the Mythic Dawn members and head up on the altar platform where the book is on a pedestal.
Taking the Mysterium XarxesEdit
Regardless of which method choosen, Mankar Camoran will escape to his Paradise. Picking up the book will open a sealed gate to the north and the escape route. Jeelius have to be saved before picking up the book, because otherwise he'll be killed by the collapsing statue of Mehrunes Dagon. Once the Hero has taken the book, escape from the caverns, and return to Martin in Cloud Ruler Temple.
I have followed the clues hidden in the four volumes written by Mankar Camoran to a gravestone in Green Emperor Way. At noon, a map of Cyrodiil appeared on the gravestone, with the location of the Mythic Dawn's shrine marked on it. I need to find my way into the shrine and locate the Amulet of Kings.
I have arrived at Lake Arrius Caverns. The secret Mythic Dawn shrine must be somewhere inside.
I have passed the first hurdle. The Mythic Dawn guard has let me into the secret shrine. Now to locate the Amulet of Kings.
Harrow, the Warden of the Shrine, accepted me as an initiate into the Mythic Dawn cult. I was required to give him all my possessions and dress in an initiate's robe. He said that the Master, Mankar Camoran himself, is here at the shrine, and might perform my initiation himself. I should follow Harrow and see if he leads me to Mankar Camoran and the Amulet of Kings.
Mankar Camoran escaped to his realm of Paradise with the Amulet of Kings, and closed his magical portal behind him. But the Mysterium Xarxes itself is here in the shrine. I must get the Mysterium Xarxes. It is my only hope of finding a way to recover the Amulet now.
I have the Mysterium Xarxes, the Mythic Dawn's book of secrets. Now I must escape this place and return to Cloud Ruler Temple.
I have escaped with the Mysterium Xarxes. Now to deliver it to Martin at Cloud Ruler Temple.
- Before heading in and getting all items taken away, drop any armor or weapons or potions one may need on the ground. Then accept everything to be taken away, run back, and grab the gear dropped.
- Start the Dark Brotherhood Quest line and one will receive the Blade of Woe which will not be taken by Harrow. Once all hell breaks loose you will be able to defend yourself.
- Another option is to sneak past Harrow without talking to him. The cult members inside will not see them as an enemy even if not wearing the mythic garb. To do this, walk just around the corner until one see Harrow, then walk backwards out of the hallway. When Harrow gets to the end, he will see the gatekeeper and turn around. As soon as he turns around, just run past him and through the door.
- In the treasure room, down the ramp there is a random ring drop in one of the crates. The Storeroom key found on one of the members can be used to enter. Potentially, it is possible to get Ring of Perfection, which grants a +10 bonus to all stats. Also it may be possible to receive a Base Amulet of Absorption (Spell absorption 14pts).
- If you give all of your items to Harrow and then decide to kill all of the Mythic Dawn in the shrine room, your items will all be on him after you kill him.
- After this quest, in all cities there will be Mythic Dawn assassins attacking the Hero (they will be easy to handle, as some guards and people will help dispatch them). They are named people so they normally have a house that can be looted after killing them.