Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Main article: Quests (Tribunal)
Dark Brotherhood Attacks is a quest available in The Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal. The Nerevarine is attacked during their sleep by a member of the infamous Dark Brotherhood, and must take steps to find out why.
- Go to sleep or rest.
- Kill the assassin.
- Report the attack to a guard.
- Go to Ebonheart.
- Speak with a member of the royal guard.
The Nerevarine will be attacked during their sleep by an unknown assailant. Killing the assassin will begin the quest and a note appears in journal, guiding the Hero to any guard.
Reporting an AssassinEdit
Talking to a guard about this mysterious assassin will shock the guard and he will tell the Nerevarine about the Dark Brotherhood, and then direct them to Apelles Matius, an Imperial inspector, who arrived to Ebonheart from mainland Morrowind.
Nerevarine travels to Ebonheart to find this inspector. After arrival they will need to find Matius, who is patrolling the bridge that leads to the Grand Council Chambers. Matius will inform the Hero that the Dark Brotherhood has been inactive for a long time in Vvardenfell, but there are large active groups on the mainland of Morrowind. He will, then, advise to talk with Asciene Rane about transportation to Mournhold. She can be found inside Grand Council Chambers.
Upon their arrival in Mournhold, the Nerevarine should talk to any Royal Guard about Dark Brotherhood. They will inform them that there are rumors that Dark Brotherhood have a hidden base under Great Bazaar. The quest finishes after this dialogue.
Dark Brotherhood Attacks
|10||An attempt was made on my life as I tried to rest. I do not know who wishes me dead, but the attack should probably be reported to a guard.
|20||One of the assassins had an odd dart on his body, the look of which I've never seen before.|
|30||A guard has told me that my attackers were likely members of the Dark Brotherhood, and that I have been targeted for assassination. He suggests I speak with Apelles Matius in Ebonheart for more information.|
|40||Apparently, the Dark Brotherhood does not have a large base of operations here on Vvardenfell, but has a very large contingent in Mournhold. Due to the Blight, no residents are allowed to travel to the capital city, and all visits are made only by the special order of Duke Dren.|
|50||I've been told to speak to Asciene Rane in the Grand Council Chambers about transport to Mournhold.|
|60||Asciene Rane has agreed to transport me to Mournhold. If I wish to return to the mainland, I should speak to Effe-Tei, an Argonian Mage in the Royal Palace. When I arrive, I should speak with one of the Royal Guard for more information about the Dark Brotherhood.|
|100||I've been told that the Dark Brotherhood is rumored to have a base in the ruins of Old Mournhold, accessible through the sewer system in the Great Bazaar. I've been warned that I enter there at my own peril.
- On PC, this quest can be activated from the very start of the game (as long as The Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal is installed).
- On the Xbox version, the quest will not activate until the Nerevarine reaches level six.
- The assassins, attacking Nerevarine, are leveled enemies, armed with leveled weapons starting from Silver Dagger to enchanted Adamantium Shortsword and, according to player's level, may attack in pairs, thus becoming a serious danger even for experienced adventurers.
- Once The Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal is installed, the assassins will not stop attacking the Nerevarine during their sleep, until the next quest, "Hunt the Dark Brotherhood" is completed. Until then they will provide the Nerevarine with continuous supplies of expensive Dark Brotherhood armor and enchanted weapons. This can be used to make a large amounts of money, even at start of the game.
- The Royal Guard in Mournhold will not speak about Dark Brotherhood if Nerevarine's reputation is too low. Persuasion and bribes are advised.
|The Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal Main Quest|
|Act I||Dark Brotherhood Attacks • Hunt the Dark Brotherhood|
|Act II (Royal Palace)||Speak to the People • A Temple Informant • Disloyalty Among the Guards • Evidence of Conspiracy • Muckraking Journalist • Queen Barenziah|
|Act II (Mournhold Temple)||The Goblin Army • The Shrine of the Dead • Barilzar's Mazed Band • An Attack on Mournhold • Investigate Bamz-Amschend|
|Act III (Royal Palace)||An Assassination Attempt • Helseth's Champion|
|Act III (Mournhold Temple)||A Show of Power • The Missing Hand • The Blade of Nerevar • The Mad God|