|Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary|
|Location||West of Falkreath|
|Quests||See the Dark Brotherhood|
|Characters||The Night Mother|
Lis (Gabriella's pet Frostbite Spider)
The Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary is a small settlement in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The last remenants of the Dark Brotherhood are based here. The sanctuary can be found near the road heading west from Falkreath and just southeast of the Roadside Ruins (i.e. on the southeast side of the actual road).
EntryEditOutside is a pitch-black pool of water (Where Shadowmere later emerges) and a mysterious door displaying the carving of a skull.
Upon the first visit, after being sent there by Astrid (Requires quest, Innocence Lost) the door will ask you the question: "What is the music of life?" Entrance is granted only when the Dragonborn replies, "Silence, my brother," Answering incorrectly will result in the door replying, "You are not worthy," The correct response will not be an option until the Dragonborn learns it during Destroy the Dark Brotherhood or after With Friends Like These...
The actual sanctuary consists of a cave network with multiple rooms. Between two staircases is a Word Wall where a word of the Dragon Shout Marked for Death can be learned.
Inside the sanctuary, a docile pet Frostbite Spider named Lis can be found. Lis is the pet of Gabriella,she is friendly to all members. In her lair is the skeleton of Gaston Bellefort, who, according to his journal, was spying on the Brotherhood and thought himself unnoticed. Attacking Lis will provoke the rest of the Brotherhood.
- Main article: Dawnstar Sanctuary
There is also a Dark Brotherhood sanctuary located near Dawnstar. It is abandoned, but the Dragonborn can gain access to it in a later quest. When attempting to gain access to the Sanctuary the door will ask, "What is life's greatest illusion?", the correct answer is "Innocence, my brother".
- Alteration Skill Book - Sithis
- Unusual Gem - Thieves Guild quest No Stone Unturned
- Shrouded Armor
- Sneak Skill Book - Sacred Witness
- Several Soul Gems
- Ingredients such as Dragon's Tongue
- Marked for Death Word Wall
- An Explorer's Guide to Skyrim
This section contains bugs related to Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- All items stored in containers in the sanctuary will be lost after the quest To Kill An Empire, if unmoved.
- The Word on the Word Wall may become unavailable after completing the main story quest.
- For unknown reasons, if some players try to enter the Sanctuary after the quest Death Incarnate is done the game may freeze
- Sometimes the Dragonborn may normally enter the Sanctuary but suffer extreme lag when inside