The Dark Minion is a Dunmer who can be hired from Rowley Eardwulf for Deepscorn Hollow along with his quarters. He can be found walking about the Hollow, boxing in his room, sleeping, reading books, eating, farming in the venom garden—if they have taken ingredients from there—or praying at the Shrine of Sithis.
Once he has done that, he can be sent out again. Note that he only comes back once the Hero has entered Deepscorn Hollow four days (dependent on the Hero's infamy) after they sent him out. There is also a 25% chance the Dark Minion will fail his mission. This however does not mean he has died, and he will shortly return to the hollow. The more he is sent out, the worse the loot gets until one raises a level.
If one still wants to use the Dark Minion but prefer to keep infamy low (as to use the Relics of the Crusader), put on the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal and order the minion to murder someone. However, the cowl must still be worn if he succeeds otherwise, the Hero will be attributed with the infamy point.
The Hero has inherited an underground lair called Deepscorn Hollow from a long-lost relative. It's situated at the southernmost point of Cyrodiil, south of Leyawiin.
- "Sithis be with you, Brother/Sister."
- "At your service, Master."
- "Yes, Master. Whatever you say."
- "Walk always in the Shadow of Sithis."
- When one sends him out to "murder in the name of Sithis", he will add one infamy point to the Hero if he succeeds.
- The Dark Minion has a twisted artistic side to him: when looking at the painting in his room, they will see it has been smeared with blood. A torso lies close by, the source of blood. This torso disappears when the Dark Minion is out murdering someone.
- Near his bed is a book of The Lusty Argonian Maid. It will disappear after a certain amount of time.
- His chest always contains a soul gem and some .
- He has stage four Vampirism.
This section contains bugs related to Dark Minion. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- When he is sent out, the Minion may get stuck below the trapdoor. However, this does not affect his "trip" to murder a victim.