|Location||East of High Hrothgar|
It can be found by traveling from Windhelm to Fort Amol, and from there following the path southward to Darkwater Crossing. The entrance can be found next to a waterfall roughly southwest of the Crossing.
From the settlement of Darkwater Crossing itself, cross the bridge west of town and turn right. Before crossing the next bridge turn around. You will see a mountain path leading up to the right; this path takes you to the waterfall.
If you follow Ralof in the quest Unbound you can hear him talking to Gerdur about how they were captured at Darkwater Pass and taken to Helgen.
The cave appears to have once been used as a tomb, and several Burial Urns containing the usual loot can be found throughout the cave.
In a side room on the left is an Arcane Enchanter.
To find the lever to meet Derkeethus, stand on the cage above his cell and turn North-East. In a small crevice in the North-Eastern wall there is a lever that lowers the door to allow access to him. Once Derkeethus has been freed, he is a possible follower. Once freed and escorted outside, he will run back to the Crossing.
There are two tripwires linked to 'claw' traps here.
- A chest is located behind the small waterfall adjacent to the main entrance.
- On the way to the large waterfall, there is a silver ore vein on a side bank of the stream, and iron ore right next to it.
- Another chest can be found just inside on the right.
- Following the cavern round to the left, a Falmer Chest is located under the large waterfall.
- Another chest is well hidden amongst the undergrowth at the bottom of the wooden spiral staircase next to Dekeethus' cell.
- The book Wind and Sand DB book and the skill book Catalogue of Weapon Enchantments, on top of the Arcane Enchanter.
- A skeleton is found at the bottom of the river, with random loot.
- Another skeleton is at the bottom of the lake outside the exit door, wearing a leveled, (random enchanted), helmet, as well as a leveled shield and boots nearby.
- Entering via the doors closest to the Crossing, several Slaughterfish can be found in the illuminated pool. At least six more can be found in the small lake outside the upper entrance.
- Chaurus Eggs (10+)
- Glowing Mushrooms
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)