- When first talking to Gunmar, he gives the Dragonborn the armor, accompanied by Dawnguard boots and gauntlets, but not the helmet.
- The full set can be bought from Gunmar.
- Several pieces can be found around Fort Dawnguard.
- Looted from various members of the Dawnguard, such as the Dawnguard Vampire Hunter and Dawnguard Scout.
- Feran Sadri will give the Dragonborn a mixed set upon accepting the Volkihar side quest "Deceiving the Herd."
Only two pieces of this set are enchanted:
- Dawnguard Full Helmet grants 25% less damage from vampire attacks, including the Drain Life spell when worn with a full set of Dawnguard Heavy Armor.
- Dawnguard Shield grants 10 points increased bashing damage against vampires.
Neither of these unique enchantments can be disenchanted and applied to other items.
There is a total of two different chest pieces, only differing by their colors; the other pieces have no variants.
- A light grey variant
- A dark brown variant, as worn by Agmaer.
Attributes by pieceEdit
|Dawnguard Heavy Armor||34||42||425|| Brown: 00f3f7|
|Dawnguard Heavy Boots||13||9||85||014757|
|Dawnguard Heavy Gauntlets||13||7||85||014758|
|Dawnguard Full Helmet||18||10||220||0050d0|
|Total (with shield)||104||78||1,055||–|
|Total (without shield)||78||68||815||–|
- The gauntlets and the boots of both the Dawnguard Heavy Armor and the Dawnguard Armor are virtually identical, except for their stats.
- The shield and helmet are both unable to be enchanted due to their innate effects found on each piece respectively.
- A full set of Dawnguard Heavy Armor is not affected by the "Matching Set" perk, because the "Matching Set" bonus is being used by the helmet's Vampire resistance bonus. This also applies to the light version of the armor.