- When first talking to Gunmar he gives a set of the Armor, except the helmet.
- The full set can be bought from Gunmar.
- Several pieces can be found around Fort Dawnguard.
- Looted from various members of the Dawnguard, such as the Dawnguard Vampire Hunter and Dawnguard Scouts.
- Feran Sadri will give the Dragonborn a mixed set upon accepting the Volkihar side quest "Deceiving the Herd".
Only two pieces of this set are enchanted:
- Dawnguard Full Helmet grants 25% less damage from vampire attacks, including the Drain Life spell when worn with a full set of Dawnguard Heavy Armor.
- Dawnguard Shield grants 10 points increased bashing damage against vampires.
Neither of these unique enchantments can be disenchanted and applied to other items.
There is a total of two different chest pieces, only differing by their colors; the other pieces have no variants.
- A light grey variant
- A dark brown variant, as worn by Agmaer.
Attributes by pieceEdit
|Dawnguard Heavy Armor||34||42||425|| Brown: 00f3f7|
|Dawnguard Heavy Boots||13||9||85||014757|
|Dawnguard Heavy Gauntlets||13||7||85||014758|
|Dawnguard Full Helmet||18||10||220||0050d0|
|Total (with shield)||104||78||1,055||–|
|Total (without shield)||78||68||815||–|
- The gauntlets and the boots of both the Dawnguard Heavy Armor and the Dawnguard Armor are virtually identical, except for their stats.
- The Shield and Helmet are both unable to be enchanted, due to them possessing an innate effects found on the pieces respectively.
- A full set of Dawnguard Heavy Armor is not affected by the "Matching Set" perk, because the "Matching Set" bonus is being used by the helmet's Vampire resistance bonus.