|Dawnguard Rune Hammer|
| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
Bashing places a rune on a nearby surface; the rune explodes for 50 points of fire damage when enemies come in contact.
|Class: Two-Handed, Warhammer|
|Upgrade Material: Steel Ingot|
|Perk: Steel Smithing|
- Bloodskal Barrow DB
- Fort Fellhammer
- Greywater Gorge
- Hob's Fall Cave
- Mara's Eye Pond
- Redwater Den
- Red Eagle Redoubt
- Serpent's Bluff Redoubt
- Treva's Watch
- Deepwood Redoubt
- Bloodlet Throne
- Halted Stream Camp
Bashing with the warhammer, whether in the air, directly against a surface or even against an enemy, places a Fire Rune on a nearby surface. Rather than expending Magicka to place the rune, Stamina is instead used in the act of bashing.
Once the rune has been placed, it behaves much like a regular rune and will explode for 50 points of Fire Damage when enemies touch it. Only one rune may be placed at a time, as attempting to place another will remove the previous rune.
The Rune Hammer does have the enchantment of normal Dawnguard weapons, which deals extra damage to vampires, despite not actually listing it.
- Can be useful for leveling up the Destruction skill by expending Stamina rather than Magicka.
- The enchantment makes the warhammer a powerful weapon for lower-level users as it grants the ability to create powerful fire runes that would otherwise require an Apprentice level of skill in Destruction magic as well as large amounts of Magicka.
- The Dawnguard Rune Hammer's rune distance is increased with the Destruction perk Rune Master, making it a close and mid-range weapon.
- Bashing a surface sometimes does not place a rune.
- The hammer may disappear if dropped or placed in a weapon rack or display.