|Dawnguard Rune Hammer|
| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
Bashing places a rune on a nearby surface; the rune explodes for 50 points of fire damage when enemies come in contact.
|Class: Two-Handed, Warhammer|
|Upgrade Material: Steel Ingot|
|Perk: Steel Smithing|
- Bloodskal Barrow DB
- Fort Fellhammer
- Greywater Gorge
- Hob's Fall Cave
- Redwater Den
- Red Eagle Redoubt
- Serpent's Bluff Redoubt
- Treva's Watch
Block bashing with the warhammer places a Sun Rune on a nearby surface. Rather that expending Magicka to place the rune, Stamina is instead used in the act of block bashing.
Once the rune has been placed, it behaves much like a regular rune and will explode for 50 points of Sun damage when enemies touch it. Only one rune may be placed at a time, as attempting to place another will remove the previous rune.
- Can be useful for characters looking to level up the Destruction skill by expending Stamina rather than Magicka.
- The enchantment makes the warhammer a powerful weapon for lower level characters as it grants the ability to create powerful fire runes that would otherwise require an Apprentice level of skill in Destruction magic as well as large amounts of Magicka.
- The Dawnguard Rune Hammer's rune distance is increased with the Destruction Perk "Rune Master" making it a close and mid range weapon.
- rune. Bashing a surface sometimes does not place a
- The hammer disappears if placed in a weapon rack or display.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard (First appearance)