|Loot||Death Hound Collar|
Death Hounds are undead creatures that serve as the pets and guard dogs for vampires.
Death Hounds resemble large, muscular dogs with glowing red eyes. Their black, hairless skin appears to be necrotizing, with several patches of black muscle tissue exposed. This necrotizing is most evident in their faces, with a gaping nasal cavity in place of a nose, and a lipless mouth filled with dozens of sharp, jagged teeth, of which there are far more than any other canine. All death hounds wear heavy iron collars around their necks.
A death hound's primary form of attack is its bite, which deals frost damage. However, they also emit a permanent frost cloak that drains stamina from any enemy of theirs in melee range during combat.
Named Death HoundsEdit
- Killing death hounds count towards raising the power of the enchantment of the Dawnguard Rune Axe making it more effective.
- It is likely that death hounds are dogs that have contracted Sanguinare Vampiris.
- Like vampires, death hounds cannot be fed upon by a werewolf. Having the perk Savage Feeding doesn't change this.
- Death hounds do not bark or move their jaws like normal dogs, but if the console command "sexchange" is used on them, they will behave like normal dogs.
- Death hounds level is capped at 5 while huskies are capped at 25.
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)|
|Named Creatures||Arvak • Bran • CuSith • The Forgemaster • Garmr • Naaslaarum • Sceolang • The Reaper • Voslaarum|
|Docile Creatures||Ancestor Moth • Armored Troll • Armored Frost Troll • Bone Hawk • Frost Giant |
Husky • Shellbug • Vale Deer • Soul Wisp
|Hostile Creatures|| Ancient Frost Atronach • Chaurus Hunter • Chaurus Hunter Fledgling • Death Hound |
Falmer Warmonger • Feral Falmer • Frozen Chaurus • Frozen Falmer • Gargoyle (Brute • Sentinel)
Legendary Dragon • Revered Dragon • Spriggan Earth Mother • Vale Sabre Cat
|Undead||Boneman • Keeper • Mistman • Wrathman • Nightlord Vampire • Nightmaster Vampire|