|Quest Giver||Deathbrand (Book)|
At level 36, if the pirates guarding the ancient chest are killed, the helmet will spawn in the chest and the quest will start without the book being read. The dead Pirate Captain should also have the map to the other locations as well as the book. Locations of the armor pieces are as follows:
|Deathbrand Helm||Haknir's Shoal, north of the Wind Stone.|
|Deathbrand Armor||North of the Earth Stone, follow the coast. Guarded by two Reavers.|
|Deathbrand Boots||West of Tel Mithryn, along the shore. Surrounded by a group of Ash Spawn.|
|Deathbrand Gauntlets||South of the Bristleback Cave, in a ditch before a river. Surrounded by a group of Mudcrabs. Follow the coast south from the cave.|
When the final piece of armor is found, the key to Gyldenhul Barrow will be in the last chest.
Just inside Gyldenhul Barrow lies a dead adventurer. A note on his corpse tells of his fate. Two sarcophagi containing Stalhrim are on either side of him, both of which can be mined. The sarcophagus on the left contains a draugr with some minor loot.
To proceed any further an Ancient Nordic Pickaxe is required to mine through the sarcophagus on the right to reveal a secret passage to a lower chamber. This area is a treasure trove, containing many piles of gold, assorted gems, potions, and weapons. As soon an item is picked up, the gate behind will close. Continue through the door ahead to find a large chamber and the resting place of Haknir Death-Brand.
When Bloodscythe is taken, the ghost of Haknir Death-Brand will appear and attack. During battle he will periodically disappear once he begins to take damage and summons several members of his crew, including Garuk Windrime and Thalin Ebonhand, to aid him.
Upon his defeat another unique Scimitar named Soulrender can be looted from his ghostly remains.
- Chests that contain the armor set will not appear until the quest is activated.
- Unlike the Treasure Maps, the map for the other pieces of armor does not show up in the books section of the inventory. It shows up as a miscellaneous item instead.
|At Haknir's Shoal, a band of pirates uncovered an ancient treasure chest containing a single piece of Stalhrim armor. How did they know to dig in this remote spot?|
| A band of pirates followed an ancient treasure map to Haknir's Shoal, where they discovered a chest at the location marked on the map. By following the map, perhaps I can find the rest of the treasure they sought.
|By following an ancient treasure map, I found the armor of Haknir Death-Brand, the legendary pirate king. In addition to his armor, one chest also contained the key to Gyldenhul Barrow. Could it be connected to Haknir's treasure?
|By following an ancient treasure map, I found the armor of Haknir Death-Brand, the legendary pirate king. A key contained in one of the chests led me to Gyldenhul Barrow, where I found a room filled with Haknir's cursed gold. But touching it triggered the curse: the doors behind me have sealed.|
|By following an ancient treasure map, I found the armor of Haknir Death-Brand, the legendary pirate king. A key contained in one of the chests led me to Gyldenhul Barrow, where I found his tomb and one of his cursed swords. But when I touched the sword, his ghost appeared and attacked.
|By following an ancient treasure map, I found the armor of Haknir Death-Brand, the legendary pirate king. A key contained in one of the chests led me to Gyldenhul Barrow, where I defeated Haknir's ghost and claimed his swords and gold as well.
- Wax Key perk is active and Haknir Death-Brand is killed before getting the armor, the armor becomes unobtainable. If the
- Sometimes the stalhrim cannot be mined to open the passage.
- Solution: The Stalhrim takes longer than normal to mine out, 6 strikes/piece instead of 3 strikes/piece. If that is not the problem, exit mining and try again. If that does not work either, revert to an older save.
- Sometimes, Bloodscythe can't be picked up to activate Haknir Death-Brand.
- Solution: reload a save from before entering Gyldenhul Barrow, then try again.
- Sometimes at Haknir's Shoal the treasure map vanishes when taken from the Pirate Captain, I had no success in reloading
- Sometimes, when entering Gyldenhul Barrow the floor and walls are not entirely there. This will leave the Dragonborn falling/ floating downward then appearing back in front of the exit, repeatedly.
- Solution: Exit the Barrow, then re-enter or reload a save and try again.