Feran Sadri will ask the Dragonborn to frame the Dawnguard for murder. His plan is for the Dragonborn to go to a hold capital and kill a resident in public while wearing the Dawnguard Armor. In addition, a note must be planted on the body that frames the Dawnguard.
An optional caveat is that the person should be someone of importance, such as a merchant, bard, or member of the Jarl's court. Feran will give the Dragonborn a mixed set of Dawnguard Armor to perform the task.
Simply kill someone in the requested city and plant the Incriminating Letter on the victim. The murder must take place on the streets of the city for it to count, so if choosing a member of the Jarl's court, they must have left their respective palaces for the kill to qualify. Similarly, merchants and bards must be outdoors when killed, if choosing a high profile target.
In order for the murder to register as a public kill while wearing Dawnguard Armor, it must be witnessed by a guard or citizen. This will however incur a 1000 bounty. If a stealth kill is performed, the murder will be registered, but it will fail both optional objectives.
To avoid killing any citizens, a guard may be murdered or, if the city is being attacked by vampires, killing one will count as a victim, but this will fail the high profile objective. The best exploit to complete this quest without killing anyone, is by using the Dead Thrall spell on a hunter's body and killing it in any town, which counts as a high profile target.
Potential high profile targetsEdit
- Marise Aravel (If you're a member of the Thieves Guild and have completed her quest Ice Cold , she makes an excellent candidate as she counts as a high profile target, is in public, and if you sheathe your weapon, making sure to have planted the Incriminating Letter first, the guards will let you pay off your bounty at almost half price, without a stint in jail).
- Aia Arria
- Evette San
- Giraud Gemane
- Pantea Ateia
- Vittoria Vici (during "Bound Until Death")
- Adrianne Avenicci
- Carlotta Valentia
- Farengar Secret-Fire
- Fralia Gray-Mane
- Heimskr (He is not a high profile citizen yet the quest will still be completed if you are wearing the full Dawnguard armor, you kill him in public, and plant him with the incriminating letter after you kill. When you return to Feran, he will say that he had hoped you would kill a high profile citizen, but if you did everything else, he will still reward you for completeing the quest)
- Olfina Gray-Mane (probably after Olfina becomes Housecarl to the new Jarl, Vignar Gray-Mane, if you sided with the Stormcloaks)
- Ulfberth War-Bear
It has been noted that if both the Dawnguard and Dragonborn add-ons have been downloaded and this quest is begun, then Raven Rock may end up being a location for the quest. All high-profile targets there are merchants (i.e. Milore Ienth, alchemist; Glover Mallory, blacksmith; Garyn Ienth, grocer; and Fethis Alor, general goods.) The best bet is to kill Garyn Ienth because he doesn't offer much in the way of trading.
- Three Potions of Blood or leveled enchanted item.
- Choosing a high profile target or not doesn't seem to affect the reward.
| Feran Sadri wishes to sow confusion and anger amongst the people of <radiant city>. I am to kill a citizen out in the streets while impersonating a member of the Dawnguard. Then I am to place an incriminating letter on the corpse. The higher the profile of my victim the better.
|Feran Sadri wishes to sow confusion and anger amongst the people of <radiant city>. I am to kill a citizen out in the streets while impersonating a member of the Dawnguard. Then I am to place an incriminating letter on the corpse. The higher the profile of my victim the better.
This section contains bugs related to Deceiving the Herd. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
|Click to see the list of bugs encountered|