After exiting the sewers, fast-travel or walk to Weynon Priory, located just southeast of Chorrol. Enter the largest building and find Jauffre, the Blades Grandmaster. Talk to him and return the Amulet of Kings. Also, tell him the Emperor's last words. He will give background information about Mehrunes Dagon, a Daedric Prince in Oblivion.
Items of interestEdit
While at Weynon Priory, take the time to check out the items sitting around, which may be of some interest.
- If Jauffre is asked for assistance, he will unlock his re-supply chest which contains an assortment of Steel Weapons, Steel Armor, Leather Armor, scrolls, and potions. This is one of the few chests in the game that is not scaled to player level; the contents will always be the same, regardless of level.
- Brother Piner will give the Hero a book, The Warp in the West. This book increases the Block skill by one point.
- Eronor will give a repair hammer.
- A free Paint Horse is offered from Prior Maborel.
Travel to KvatchEdit
One may use the Paint Horse to travel to Kvatch rather than fast-travel, as there are many locations along the way that can be found and marked on one's map for later use. Walking, while slower and more dangerous, allows the collection of Alchemy ingredients.
I witnessed Emporer Uriel Septim's assassination. Before he died, the emporer gave me the Amulet of Kings. He told me to take it to someone named Jauffre, and that Jauffre would know how to find his last surviving son. He warned that the assassins were in the service of the Lord of Destruction.
Baurus, one of the Emperor's bodyguards, told me that Jauffre was the head of the Blades, an order of knights sworn to protect the Emperors.
I should take the Amulet of Kings to Jauffre, at Weynon Priory near the city of Chorrol.
I found Jauffre and gave him the Amulet of Kings. The Emperor's words to me filled him with foreboding. Mehrunes Dagon, the Lord of Destruction, is one of the princes of Oblivion, the demonic world. Jauffre fears that with no Emperor on the throne, the daedra from Oblivion may be able to invade our world.
Jauffre told me that the Emperor has an illegitimate son named Martin who is currently serving as a priest in the Chapel of Akatosh in the city of Kvatch. I must proceed to Kvatch at once and bring Martin safely back to Weynon Priory.
- Alternately, if the Hero does not take the horse now they will receive it in a later quest after bringing Martin back to Jauffre.
|Main Quest (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)|
|Tutorial • Deliver the Amulet • Find the Heir • Breaking the Siege of Kvatch • Weynon Priory • Path of Dawn • Dagon Shrine • Blood of the Daedra • Spies • Bruma Gate • Allies for Bruma • Blood of the Divines • Miscarcand • Defense of Bruma • Great Gate • Paradise • Light the Dragonfires • Imperial Dragon Armor|