Dervenin is a Bosmer high priest of Mania. He resides in the Sacellum Arden-Sul in New Sheoth. He wears upper-class attire consisting of rare red silk robes, the rarer matching hood and green velvet shoes.
He will try to persuade the Hero to light the fire for Mania during The Cold Flame of Agnon. He will also inform the Hero how to perform the Ritual of Mania. He is so devoted to Arden Sul that he never eats or sleeps; he wanders endlessly around the Sacellum.
Sheogorath will reveal that the real reason the Hero are in the Shivering Isles is to stop the Greymarch by becoming the new Sheogorath. At the Sacellum, both the Manic priest and Demented priest will try to get them to light their side of the torch. Both will cajole and promise great treasure. They are free to pick either side.
Sheogorath wants to replace one of the aristocracy of his kingdom: either Lady Syl, Duchess of Dementia; or Lord Thadon, Duke of Mania. After speaking with Sheogorath, talk to both priests. They can explain Arden Sul's background. Both sides claim Arden-Sul was their duke, though their stories of his final day are wildly different.
- How glorious, a newcomer to the Isles! Perhaps they will see the ways of Arden-Sul and join us.
- Arden-Sul has willed it to be... the Gatekeeper is dead and the newcomer to the Isles will join us in praising his name!
- The Resonator has been reactivated, and the Isles are no longer open to invasion. Arden-Sul works in mysterious ways.
- My heart fills with joy that Lord Thadon has finally recovered from his doldrums
- It is a sad day in this fine city when the stench of torture poisons our spirits.
- May we all bask in the warm safe glow of the Great Torch.
- By the grace of Arden-Sul a new successor has been selected to rule. Joy to Arden-Sul and Maniacs!
- The Knights of Order have returned as foretold. Arden-Sul save us!
- Arden-Sul has heard our plea, and delivered the Gatekeeper back to us. We're saved!
- Armies restored or not, I will not let an enemy of the Maniacs set foot in the Sacellum.
- Sheogorath has left us to think for ourselves and to turn to Arden-Sul's teachings for enlightenment.
- Order has been destroyed and we still stand! Joy and tidings to all!