|Skill Level||Expert (75)|
|Effect||Nearby dead can be seen through walls.|
Detect Dead is an Expert-level Alteration spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that detects the undead and reanimated bodies in a similar fashion to the Detect Life spell. It creates a mist that travels through walls and surrounds undead.
- Detect Undead, like Draugr in caves and mines.
- Spot hostile corpses before they animate.
- Search for dead enemies that haven't been looted.
- Search for dead townspeople after a dragon or vampire (only in Dawnguard) attack: if there are any, one can reload the game.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 600
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
The Spell Tome lists the spell as "Detect Undead," but in the magic inventory, it is listed as "Detect Dead."
| Candlelight • Detect Dead • Detect Life • Dragonhide • Ebonyflesh • Equilibrium • Magelight • Mass Paralysis • Oakflesh |
Paralyze • Ironflesh • Stoneflesh • Telekinesis • Transmute Mineral Ore • Waterbreathing
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Alteration Ritual Spell • Mage Armor • Magicka • Perks • Magic • The College of Winterhold • Alteration trainers|