- Main article: Effects (Morrowind)
Detect Key is an effect in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
It allows the Nerevarine to detect all keys in the vicinity—the ones out in the open, carried by characters, hidden in containers; they are visible on the map as small green circles. There is a certain magnitude (range of detection) of the effect.
- Keys in one's inventory are not detected.
- Some keys are not detected by this effect (spell that has this effect), because the keys are defined by the game as objects that can open anything, specifically a door or a chest. A key might not open anything because of being a quest item or a decoy.
- Slave keys are usually not detectable by this effect, because of the reasons given in the point above.
- Any item of "Miscellaneous" type can be designated to open a door.