Dexion, who has been enthralled by Malkus, immediately attacks the Dragonborn and Serana. After he is defeated, he comes to his senses and travels to Fort Dawnguard where he will read the Elder Scroll.
Dexion must be made a thrall by the Dragonborn using the Vampire's Seduction power and then the Dragonborn must feed on him to make him a thrall. After the quest is completed, he will travel to Castle Volkihar where he will read the Elder Scroll.
Dexion asks the Dragonborn to retrieve two additional Elder Scrolls, so that he can read the entire prophecy. Once they are retrieved, it is revealed that Dexion has gone blind in his haste to read the first scroll, and sends the Dragonborn to Ancestor Glade to perform the Ritual of the Ancestor Moth to provide further answers to the prophecy.
During the vampire quest line, the Dragonborn may choose to kill him or let him live after he becomes blind. Letting him live is far more valuable however, because after the quests are done he offers to take the elder scrolls (Sun) and (Blood) off of your hands for your choice of either free or 6000 .
- "Can you imagine it? A world without sun... we would all be doomed, vampires and men alike."
He may become hostile and not allow speaking to him to progress the story.
- Solution: Use the Vampire's Seduction power on him to temporary revoke his hostile status.
- Solution: Use a Calm spell or scroll to make him non hostile. As an Imperial, use the Voice of the Emperor to calm him for a short period of time. After it wears off just step outside and wait 24 hours and do it again. The spell or effect has to be powerful enough to work on the Dragonborn, as Dexion spawns at the same level.
- Seeking Disclosure has been completed, despite being blind and not actually having an Elder Scroll in his hands. He can occasionally be seen in the center of the Dawnguard fortress doing the animation for reading an Elder Scroll after the quest
- After the Dawnguard main quest is completed, the Dragonborn should have the ability to sell all three of the Elder Scrolls to Dexion. But sometimes, the speech option appears. Urag gro-Shub, of the College of Winterhold, can still purchase them, conversely. Gold from the sold scrolls may appear in the inventory although the scrolls are not removed.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard (First appearance)