- The Diadem of the Savant can be found in Shalidor's Maze, after passing the Trial of Conjuration.
- It can also be found by going right after leaving Froki's Shack. It sits on a wood chopping block, and spawns again after a few days.
The Diadem of the Savant cannot be disenchanted at an Arcane Enchanter.
- This item is classed as light armor when trying to sell it - i.e. a weapons/armor merchant will buy it, but a jewelry salesman will not. This also means that when struck, the Light armor skill increases. However, the game counts it as clothing for the sake of the Alteration perk "Mage Armor."
- Despite being classed as light armor, it counts toward the Heavy Armor Well Fitted perk in addition to the Light Armor perk Custom Fit. Furthermore, it counts towards the perks Wind Walker, Deft Movement, Cushioned, Tower of Strength and Reflect Blows.
- Using this item in addition to the Fortify Restoration glitch can make all spells cost no magicka while only occupying one armor slot.
- The Diadem of the Savant found in Froki's Shack is due to a bug. The Creation Kit states that it is supposed to be a reward for clearing Shalidor's Maze.