Dimhollow Crypt is a location in The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard. It is located directly north of The Lord Stone, and northeast of the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. It can easily be accessed by heading up a worn path up the mountainside near the Hall of the Vigilant. The cave is inhabited by vampires, skeletons, Death Hounds, a colony of Frostbite Spiders, various Draugr and Gargoyles.
- A word for Drain Vitality is on the Word Wall in the large chamber entered after finding Serana.
- There is a small puzzle to solve before waking Serana. Push the silver torch sconces in the floor to various positions until the purple fire ignites within each one.
- Due to the darkness of the area, torches or Candlelight/Magelight may be needed to see everything, both in the pool area, crypt with the lever, and the word wall location. There are lots of little hidden areas that contain ore veins or treasure caches.
- Serana will not carry anything for the Dragonborn at first. She will do that only after the Dragonborn escorts her home and meets her later inside Fort Dawnguard.
- There is also an Arcane Enchanter and Alchemy Lab inside.
- Inside the Draugr crypt, there are a few gated passageways opened by a chain that lead to some potions, a Restless Draugr, and a master-locked chest. Torches magically ignite and illuminate the room when the gates are opened.
The Dragonborn is sent to investigate what the vampires who attacked the Hall of the Vigilant were seeking. If this location is entered before accepting the quest, a large boulder will be blocking the iron gate that leads into the rest of the cave system.
Locations: Dimhollow Crypt
|HET NOK KOPRaaN DO ZVALA|
WO PIRaaK MULaaG Wah KRiiN
DOVah NUZ NI GaaN Wah
|Here lies (the) body of Zvala|
Who possess (the) strength to kill
dragon but not stamina to
There are eight Malachite Ore veins that can be found in Dimhollow Crypt; four veins around sides of circular platform room, and four others around sides of the arena room with a word wall.
- Notes on Dimhollow Crypt, Vol. 3 - next to the corpse of Adalvald.
- Restoration Spell Tome: Necromantic Healing - in the room past where Serana is first met. It is on a table to the left of a chest, below and to the right of the lever.
- If Serana is brought back to Dimhollow Crypt at any time after initially leaving, she will still speak as though she has just woken.
- If entered before the quest Awakening is started, the only enemies will be three Ice Wolves.