- Main article: Dragon Shouts
Disarm is a dragon shout in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
At full power, this shout will disarm any enemy up to level 30 within the path of the Thu'um. Enemies affected will be staggered, and will usually prioritize retrieving another weapon, or accessing a backup weapon from their inventory if applicable. If the Dragonborn can manage to disarm and quickly retrieve the weapons of several strong opponents, a challenging fight can quickly become very easy.
Locations: Eldersblood Peak, Silverdrift Lair, and Snow Veil Sanctum
|NONVUL BRON DahMaaN DaaR|
ROT DO FIN FODiiZ BORMah
PRUZaaN ZUN KO KeiZaaL LOS
HahDRIM DO DWiiN-SIL KENDOV
|Noble Nords remember these|
words of the Hoar Father:
(the) best weapon of Skyrim is
(the) mind of (a) steel-souled warrior.
|BROTHI WahLaaN QETHSEGOL KUL|
VahRUKT ODRAV KeyN-HaaL
DRUN POGaaS ZIN Wah
|Brothi raised (this) stone in memory of his son|
(who) brought much honor to
ahZID ViiK DO BRiiNahMaaR
DO SOT PeyT NaaKO Wah FIN
LaaT NaaL UFiiK DO KORVAG KO
|(This) stone commemorates|
(the) bitter defeat of (the) Sisterhood
of the White Rose, eaten to
(the) last by the trolls of Korvag Crag.
- When the Dragonborn recovers their weapon after being hit by the shout, the weapon (if it was in "favorites" already) will be gone from the favorites section, and will need to be added again.
- Retrieving the disarmed weapon of an enemy while said enemy is still alive may be counted as stealing.
- This shout can disarm multiple enemies at once, if in the path of the shout.
- Draugr Wight Lords, Draugr Deathlords, and Draugr Death Overlords can use this shout.
- Bound weapons and daedric artifacts, such as Volendrung and the Sanguine Rose, are unaffected by the Disarm shout. Dawnbreaker, however, can be knocked out of the wielder's hands by the shout.
- If dual wielding, the shout will remove either the left handed weapon, or both.
- When summoned by the Call of Valor shout, Hakon One-Eye can be seen using Disarm. He will say "Zun" and then say "Haal, Viik" extremely loudly. He times it in such a way that the enemies' weapon is regained as soon as he has finished saying "Viik."
- It is possible to dodge this shout, if far enough away when it is used. If too close to the shout, one can sheathe their weapon(s) as the shout is being cast, and they will not be knocked out of the player's hands, though this requires precise timing, and the special sound effect for the weapon's being knocked away still plays.
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked for Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|