- Main article: Dragon Shouts
The Dismay shout causes enemies to flee in terror. The more powerful the shout is, the more it will directly affect what will happen to enemies at higher levels.
- The shout allows the Dragonborn to disperse rather large groups of lower level enemies.
- If the Dragonborn is proficient in Illusion magic, Dismay is somewhat redundant. With relevant perks, the Illusion spells Rout and Hysteria can provide the same effect on much higher leveled enemies.
- Dismay is already a powerful Illusion-based spell by itself. Choosing relevant perks can cause it to become powerful enough to easily influence enemies (possibly to the same degree as Hysteria), who would otherwise be resistant to regular Illusion spells.
- The first word of this shout can stagger Dragons (Skyrim), which can be useful if the Dragonborn has not yet mastered Unrelenting Force.
Locations: Shalidor's Maze, Lost Tongue Overlook, and Dead Crone Rock
|NONVUL BRON DahMaaN DaaR ROT DO FIN|
FODiiZ BORMah FaaS NI BRENDON DO
DINOK Fah ROK LOS QOLaaS DO MORO
ahRK HIN aaK Wah LOT SOVNGARDE
|Noble Nord, remember these words of the|
hoar father: Fear not (the) specter of
death, for he is (the) herald of glory
and your guide to great Sovngarde.
|HET NOK KOPRaaN DO SONaaN|
ROMERIUS WO UNT RU NOL OSOS
GOGIL NUZ MOTMah
|Here lies (the) body of Bard|
Romerius who tried (to) run from some
Goblins but slipped
|QETHSEGOL VahRUKIV DaaNIK|
FahLiiL KiiR DO GRAVuuN FROD
WO BOVUL KO MaaR NOL KINZON
ZahKRii DO KRUZiiK HOKORON
|(This) stone commemorates (the) doomed|
Elf children of (the) Autumn Field
Who fled in terror from (the) sharp
Swords of (the) ancient enemy.
- Felldir the Old may use this Shout against Alduin in the final battle.
- If used on Alduin, he will laugh and state, "Dovahkiin, do you think I will run?"
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked for Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|