|And the weak shall fear the Thu'um, and flee in terror.|
|Recharge||40, 45, 50|
Lost Tongue Overlook
Dead Crone Rock
- Main article: Dragon Shouts
Dismay is a Dragon shout in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which causes enemies to flee in terror. The more powerful the shout is, the more it will directly affect what will happen to enemies at higher levels.
- The shout allows the Dragonborn to disperse rather large groups of lower level enemies.
- If the Dragonborn is proficient in Illusion magic, Dismay is somewhat redundant. With relevant perks, the Illusion spells Rout and Hysteria can provide the same effect on much higher level enemies.
- It is important to keep in mind though, that Dismay is already a powerful illusion-based spell by itself. Choosing relevant perks can cause it to become powerful enough to easily influence enemies (possibly to the same degree as Hysteria), who would otherwise be resistent to regular illusion spells.
- Felldir the Old may use this Shout against Alduin in the final battle.
- If used on Alduin, he will laugh and state, "Dovahkiin, do you think I will run?"
- Although it is unknown if this is either a coincidence or a fact, when using the shout, the three words of the shout sound as if the Dragonborn is saying, "False Rumor."
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked For Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|