Divayth Fyr was a powerful 4000-year-old Dunmer Sorcerer and member of House Telvanni who resided in Tel Fyr in Zafirbel Bay. He served as the caretaker of Corprusarium, a quarantine area serving to treat those infected with Corprus.
Though a member of House Telvanni, he generally stays out of House politics and has no intention of joining the Council. He lives with his four women with the surname Fyr; Alfe, Beyte, Delte, and Uupse. He refers to them as his "daughters" while they call themselves his "wives," but they are in fact his clones.
Divayth was born in the early First Era in Tel Aruhn as a Chimer. His friendship with Yagrum Bagarn is also proof of this. Within that time, Divayth Fyr became a powerful and intelligent mage. Following the War of the First Council and Disappearance of the Dwarves, Divayth along with the rest of the Chimer became Dunmer.
Shortly after the Reman Empire's provincial recognition of Orsinium during Savirien Chorak's reign, Fyr assisted his good friend Morian Zenas with the transliminal sojourn project, the final goal to be a trip into the realm of Oblivion. During a trip to the Imperial City, Fyr attempted to become romantically involved with Zenas' associate, Doctor Alfidia Lupus, and Lupus later told Fyr that Zenas had won her heart. Fyr and Zenas later succeeded in travelling to Oblivion.
Divayth is one of the oldest and powerful members of House Telvanni, though usually prefers to stay out of house politics. He showed no interest in joining the Council. Fyr trained Master Aryon as his student, before Aryon became the owner of Tel Vos. Aryon remarked that Fyr was so well respected by the House he could have gotten a seat on the Council by merely asking, and was more powerful than Neloth or Gothren.
He cloned himself and created female versions of him, Alfe Fyr, Beyte Fyr, Delte Fyr and Uupse Fyr, apparently using jars and his own flesh. While he calls them his daughters, they call themselves his wives. Divayth Fyr kept a large collection of rare items in Corprusarium, claiming that when one gets old, one must have a "hobby." These items included Daedric artifacts.
When Dagoth Ur disseminated the Corprus Disease in Vvardenfell, Divayth Fyr created the Corprusarium to house victims of Corprus while he works on finding a cure. When the Nerevarine contracted the Corprus disease, Divayth Fyr gave them an experimental cure after retrieving the Dwemer Boots of Flying. The potion was successful, and while not curing Corprus completely, it did remove the negative effects of the disease.
- Divayth Fyr's "sister-wives" seem to be named after Greek letters; Alfe—alpha, Beyte—beta, Delte—delta, and Uupse—upsilon.
- Divayth Fyr is present in datamined content for The Elder Scrolls Online, where he is suggested to appear in the Vvardenfell zone. One quest has a step that involves bringing stones to Fyr. His home of Tel Fyr is also in the files.
- Divayth Fyr is mentioned in multiple books:
- Fyr is mentioned in the book Varieties of Daedra. The book details a healer going to stay at Tel Fyr briefly and the knowledge gained under the tutelage of Divayth during this time. It explains the different castes of the Dremora in great detail, and briefly touches upon the Daedra as well as Atronachs.
- He is also mentioned in the book The Doors of Oblivion, where the Conjurer Morian Zenas went to him in order to gain access to the plane of Oblivion.
- In the Racial Motifs book series he is mentioned multiple times.
- He is the author of Sorcery is Not Necromancy!
- The coded Message from Master Aryon is for Fyr, and he replied with the Response from Divayth Fyr.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls Online (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sorcery is Not Necromancy!
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Events of Morrowind
- ↑ Racial Motifs 2: The Dark Elves
- ↑ Racial Motifs 6: The Redguards
- ↑ Racial Motifs 8: The Orcs
- ↑ Racial Motifs 10: Imperial Cyrods
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Dialogue with Divayth Fyr in Morrowind
- ↑ Response from Divayth Fyr
- ↑ Message from Master Aryon