He can be found at the top of Tel Fyr, where he lives with his four "daughters", who refer to themselves as his "wives", Alfe, Beyte, Delte, and Uupse. It is later revealed they are in fact female clones of himself.
He is a member of Great House Telvanni, though he generally stays out of House politics. Although he is the oldest and one of the most respected members of the House, he is not a member of the Council, and has no intention of joining.
At 4000 years old, Divayth was presumably born in the First Era as a Chimer. His friendship with Yagrum Bagarn is also proof of this. Within that time, Divayth Fyr became a powerful and intelligent mage.
Divayth Fyr keep a large collection of rare items in Corprusarium; claiming that when one gets old, one must have a "hobby". These items include Daedric artifacts.
Divayth Fyr is the only person who can cure Corprus disease. He can make a potion to Nerevarine to annul the negative effects of the Corprus.
Divayth Fyr can help in finding out what really happened with the Dwemer, introducing Yagrum Bagarn for answering the questions of Nerevarine.
- Divayth Fyr is mentioned in the book Varieties of Daedra. The book details a healer going to stay at Tel Fyr briefly and the knowledge gained under the tutelage of Divayth during this time. It explains the different castes of the Dremora in great detail, and briefly touches upon the Daedra as well as Atronachs.
- He is also mentioned in the book The Doors of Oblivion, where the Conjurer Morian Zenas went to him in order to gain access to the plane of Oblivion.
- Divayth Fyr's "sister-wives" seem to be named after Greek letters; Alfe--alpha, Beyte--beta, Delte--delta, and Uupse--upsilon.
- Divayth Fyr have a set of Daedric Armor without the helmet. The easiest way to have one is kill him after completing the Main Quest.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (First appearance)