|Do Not Delete|
| Base Value:|
200 - 500
| FormID: C7316 (value 200)|
EA5C5 (value 250)
"Do Not Delete" is a scripted placeholder (with four different ID) left in-game by developers to represent the total gold-value merchants can hold. Its presence explains why gold can be Pickpocketed from Merchants, without their total gold value depleting.
It appears as a tiny version of a wooden chest. It has no base value or any notable uses and a weight of 0.5. It is possible to come across it while clearing dungeons. It can be dropped or placed into a chest for safe keeping and appears as stolen when kept safe in a normal chest. It cannot be bought back after 24 hours in game time. It can also be used to reach otherwise inaccessible places in the game, as it floats in place when dropped.
When placed, the rotation of the player is related to how the chest is placed. Looking parallel to the entrance of the room usually results in a completely level box. However, looking perpendicular to the entrance can place the box on its side.
"Do Not Delete" chests can only stack in groups of 11. Once a twelfth chest is picked up, it begins a new stack.
- Behind the walls upstairs in the White Phial.
- Under the counter in Warmaiden's (requires "tcl" Console command or platter with a Do Not Delete box already)
- Sold by Adrianne Avenicci
- Sold by Arcadia
- Sold by Belethor
- Sold by Ulfberth War-Bear
- Under the floor in Arch-Mage's Quarters (use "tcl" Console command)
- Inside most shops using "tcl"
- Inside Elgrim's Elixers in Riften. A wooden plate must be used to go through the wall to the player's direct left upon entering, making him land on the shops chest. After looting said chest, a Do Not Delete will appear.
- Inside Bits and Pieces in Solitude.
- Underneath Radiant Raiment.
- Underneath The Pawned Prawn.
- Under the floor in House of Clan Shatter-Shield ("tcl")
- Under the floor in Heimskr's House ("tcl")
- Under the floor in House Gray-Mane ("tcl")
- Underneath the floor inside The Bannered Mare in Whiterun.
- Underneath the floor of New Gnisis Cornerclub and Candlehearth Hall in Windhelm.
- Markarth alchemy shop, about three meters after walking in on your right, use a wooden plate, platter, bowl etc. into the wall and it'll be on your right when you glitch through the wall.
- Behind the wall in the study in the Dragonsreach Jarl's Quarters.
- Near the Stone of Barenziah in Mistveil Keep, Jarl's Bedroom, behind the bed.