Doomstones are powerful, magical stones scattered all across Tamriel. There are twenty Doomstones scattered across Cyrodiil. Thirteen of these monoliths are named after the birthsigns, while the other seven are believed to be named after long forgotten cults. Doomstones are the not the same as Rune Stones.
Each Doomstone grants one or more greater power when touched. Some restrictions apply:
- All doomstones must be approached between 6 pm and 6 am. At any other time, one will get the message "No stars shine upon the Doomstone."
- One can only be aligned with one single birthsign Stone at a time but one can change powers by touching a different birthsign Stone at any time.
- The powers from Cult Stones are cumulative, so as one activate more, one begin to accumulate a great array of powerful abilities.
- In order to receive Cult Stone Powers, one must have a certain level of combined Fame and Infamy points. If lacking, the Hero will receive the message "The Hero's fate is known when the Hero's fame has grown." The renown requirement can be met by wearing the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal reward from the Thieves Guild, as it gives 100 Infamy whenever worn.
The following is a useful map of the Doomstones in Cyrodiil. However, the map is not complete in all aspects (many of the Birthsign stones and Shezarr Cult stone are missing for example, as well as misplaced markers, with the Lover's Stone marked as the Magnus). Map of Cyrodiil.
- The Apprentice Stone - Bestows you with the Void Seed greater power
- The Atronach Stone - Bestows you with the Arcane Well greater power
- The Lady Stone - Bestows you with the Lady's Warding greater power
- The Lord Stone - Bestows you with the Ysmir's Scales greater power
- The Lover Stone - Bestows you with the Lover's Bower greater power
- The Mage Stone - Bestows you with the Magicka Manifold greater power
- The Ritual Stone - Bestows you with the Mara's Mercy and Mara's Milk greater power
- The Serpent Stone - Bestows you with the Cobra's Dance greater power
- The Shadow Stone - Bestows you with the Fingernail Moon greater power
- The Steed Stone - Bestows you with the Hellride greater power
- The Thief Stone - Bestows you with the Cheater's Nip greater power
- The Tower Stone - Bestows you with the Warden Key and The Master's Hand greater power
- The Warrior Stone - Bestows you with the War Cry greater power
- Aetherius Stone - Bestows you with the Gates of Aetherius greater power
- Dragon Stone - Bestows you with the Dragon Dream greater power
- Jode Stone - Bestows you with the Jode's Blood greater power
- Jone Stone - Bestows you with the Jone's Shadow greater power
- Magnus Stone - Bestows you with the Skein of Magnus greater power
- Nirn Stone - Does not exist within the game (it was removed), but its greater power Nirn's Breath does. Open the console and enter player.AddSpell 0006B6B1 to gain the power.
- Shezarr Stone - Bestows you with the Shield of Shezarr greater power
- Sithian Stone - Bestows you with the Sithian Web greater power
Table of effects for the Cult Stones. All effects last 120 secs on Self:
|Hand to Hand||20pts|
|Other Effect||Resist Magic 20%||Invisibility||Reflect Spell 20%|
Drevis Neloren's LectureEdit
Drevis Neloren, an Alteration professor at The College of Winterhold, once researched Doomstones and held a lecture for his students and other members of the College in the Hall of the Elements. The following is his full official lecture that he led:
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (First appearance)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online
|Locations (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)|
|Cities||Anvil • Bravil • Bruma • Cheydinhal • Chorrol • Imperial City • Kvatch • Leyawiin • Skingrad|
|General||Ayleid (Elven) Ruin • Camp • Cave • Fort Ruin • Mine • Landmark • Settlement • Stable • Tavern|
|Special||Daedric Shrine • Doomstone • Oblivion Gate • Rune Stone • Wayshrine|
|Regions||Blackwood • City Isle • Colovian Highlands • Gold Coast • Great Forest • Heartlands • Jerall Mountains • Nibenay Basin • Nibenay Valley • Valus Mountains • Waterfront • West Weald|
|Shivering Isles|| Regions: The Fringe • Mania • Dementia |
Cities • Camps • Caves • Fort Ruins • Landmarks • Settlements