She is her father's self-appointed apprentice at the forge and looks forward to making her own weapon someday. She can usually be found inside her parents' house or around her father's forge.
Dorthe is good friends with the only other child in Riverwood, Frodnar, although sometimes he plays mean pranks on her. Dorthe can be seen sitting on the bench outside Sleeping Giant Inn talking to Frodnar and his dog Stump. They also occasionally play tag or hide-and-seek.
- "Ain't nothing a boy can do that I can't do better."
- "Did you really see a dragon?"
- "I hate you! I hate you forever and ever!" (If the Dragonborn kills her parents)
- "Mama doesn't think I'm girlish enough. But that's just stupid girl talk."
- "My father is Alvor, the blacksmith. I'm his assistant. I mean, apprentice."
- "Papa may have wanted a son, but he got me... He's a lucky man."
- "Papa says I'm not ready for weapons. So I make lots of horseshoes and hobnails."
- "Papa says I'm too friendly with strangers, but you seem all right."
- "Some day I'm going to forge my own sword!"
- "I don't want to talk about it." (If Alvor and Sigrid die because of anyone but the Dragonborn, such as because of a dragon.)
- If Hearthfire is installed, it's possible for Dorthe to be sent to Honorhall Orphanage if Alvor and Sigrid die. There, she can be adopted.
- If the Dragonborn commits a crime that affects Dorthe, she will send hired thugs in retaliation.
This section contains bugs related to Dorthe. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Dorthe may sometimes randomly equip an Imperial Bow.
- Dorthe may sometimes be encountered in Whiterun.
She may get stuck near camp at the west entrance into Riverwood and won't move regardless of time. Frodnar also seems to have the same problem by standing in the middle of the road next to Sleeping Giant Inn.
- To move both of them from their spots at the same time, hide somewhere far from one of them (Frodnar is easier, hide behind the gate at south entrance), enter sneak mode and cast Fury on him. This will make him and Dorthe move from their spots.
- Another solution is to enter Riverwood during nighttime. There's a chance a thief will spawn outside of Riverwood Trader. Engage him in a fight and Frodnar will flee from the scene, effectively fixed the bug.