She is her father Alvor's self-appointed apprentice at the forge and looks forward to make her own weapon someday. She can usually be found inside her parent's house or around her father's forge.
Dorthe is also known to send Hired Thugs after the player, if he/she chooses to steal from Riverwood.
Dorthe is good friends with the only other child in Riverwood, Frodnar, although sometimes he plays mean pranks on her. Dorthe can be seen sitting on the bench outside Sleeping Giant Inn talking to Frodnar and his dog Stump. They also occasionally play tag or hide-and-seek.
- "Some day I'm going to forge my own sword!"
- "Mama doesn't think I'm girlish enough. But that's just stupid girl talk."
- "Papa says I'm not ready for weapons. So I make lots of horseshoes and hobnails."
- "I hate you! I hate you forever and ever!" (If you kill her parents or rob her house).
- "You're NAKED!" (If you have no clothing equipped)
- If Dorthe sees her mother die, she says, "I don't want to talk about it."
- "Papa says I'm too friendly with strangers, but you seem alright."
- "What'd you pick up there? Oh, I wish I saw that first. You're so lucky."
- "Papa may have wanted a son, but he got me... He's a lucky man."
- "Ain't nothing a boy can do that I can't do better."
- Some generic quotes, such as "Need something?" or "Hmm?"
- "My father is Alvor, the blacksmith. I'm his assistant. I mean, apprentice."
- Her name Dorthe is the Danish form of Dorothy. Which is pronounced "Dorte".
- If Hearthfire is installed, then it's possible for Dorthe to be sent to Honorhall Orphanage if Alvor and Sigrid die.
- If you commit a crime that affects Dorthe, she will send hired thugs to attack you.
- Dorthe may sometimes randomly equip an Imperial Bow.
- Dorthe may sometimes be encountered in Whiterun.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)