Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Dragon scales are obtained from the skeletal remains of dragons. A dead dragon will normally yield one to six scales.
- There is a single dragon scale in Rorikstead. At the top of the hill, next to a pile of rubble, there is a shrine to Akatosh where the scale can be found. This dragon scale will replenish once a week, and enough scales for an entire set of armor can be gathered even before completing "Dragon Rising."
Dragon heartscales are a unique type of dragon scale that can be obtained by looting a dragon's corpse while having the unique dragon priest dagger called Kahvozein's Fang equipped in the right hand. Dragon heartscales have the same weight and value as normal dragon scales; however, they have a slight color difference.
- Selling dragon scales may be difficult early in the game, as many merchants do not have much gold.
- General goods merchants and Alchemy merchants buy dragon scales but, oddly, blacksmiths will not (unless the Merchant perk has been activated).
This section contains bugs related to Dragon Scales. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Dropping Dragon Scales in quantities of six or greater for followers to pick up causes them to merge into one clump, as is usual. However, when Followers pick up the scales, they do not always retain their original quantity, rather, they sometimes drop down to one scale. A solution is to trade with followers instead.
- inventory in a stack, when picked up they may be marked as stolen. If dropped from the