|Quest Giver||Vilkas or Farkas|
|Prerequisite||Glory of the Dead |
A Blade In The Dark
Either Farkas or Vilkas says that a dragon is terrorizing a nearby Hold. The exact details are scarce, but this would be a glorious victory and would help keep the citizens of Skyrim safe. Instructions on the whereabouts of the dragon lair are given.
Talk to the quest giver. Farkas or Vilkas are impressed by the Dragonborn's dragon slaying abilities and comments on what a fine battle it was. They may choose not to return to Whiterun, but rather stay behind to examine the dragon skeleton further.
<quest giver> has heard the rumors of dragons and wants to defeat one for himself. I'm going to accompany him to <radiant location> to slay the beast there.
<quest giver> and I have killed a dragon at <radiant location>.
- Dragon Souls may not be absorbed upon killing the dragons.
- The dragon target is dead or did not arrive at the designated location, leaving the quest unable to be completed.
setstage CR14 100into the console, thus force-completing the quest. Return to the quest giver and restart the quest. Solution: type
- Solution: type
- The location the dragon lair may be inaccessible, causing the game to crash.
- essential character and cannot be killed, though he may be killed after the player has become the harbinger (which the player is at this point of the game). This is caused by having a bounty in any of the holds. Get rid of the bounty, and Farkas (and the rest of the circle members) will stop following you and interrupt you with sentences such as "that spell looks like it'll hurt." Farkas may initiate the Dragonborn in dialogue repeatedly, making it impossible to defeat the dragon. Farkas is flagged as an
- If you are sent to kill a dragon that is also marked as a current bounty quest, the bounty quest will override the Dragon Seeker quest and will not be completeable, leaving Farkas or Vilkas as a permanent follower with no other dialogue options aside from training.
- If you have Serana as a follower when you get this quest, she will not be replaced rather you will have her and Farkas/Vilkas as followers. This bug can be exploited because after the quest, she will still be your follower and will have all the same interactions as a follower, but you will be able to recruit a second follower, thus leaving you with two followers. To fix this, simply get rid of any other followers you might have, then tell Serana to leave, the game will register you with no followers and you can only have one. This bug can be repeated as many times as you want.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)
|The Companions Quests|
|Main Quest||Take Up Arms • Proving Honor • The Silver Hand • Blood's Honor • Purity of Revenge • Glory of the Dead|
|Radiant Quests||Animal Extermination • Hired Muscle • Trouble in Skyrim • Family Heirloom • Escaped Criminal |
Rescue Mission • Striking the Heart • Stealing Plans • Retrieval
Totems of Hircine • Purity • Dragon Seekers