Dragon bones are one of the main components required to make dragonplate armor and dragonbone weapons. Each bone is quite valuable, but at 15 per piece, dragon bones are by far the heaviest items used in smithing. Despite being relatively easier to acquire than ebony ingot in early levels, dragon bones cannot be utilized until acquiring the Dragon Armor perk at a smithing skill of 100.
- Between one and four bones can be obtained from the skeletal remains of a Dragon.
- One can be found in Valerica's Study in Castle Volkihar, on a table covered in bones.DG
- General goods merchants, alchemy merchants, and Thieves Guild fences will buy dragon bones without the player first having earned the Merchant perk from the Speech skill tree but, strangely, blacksmiths won't.
This section contains bugs related to Dragon Bone. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- follower, the game may only add a single Dragon Bone to the follower's inventory. To avoid this bug, trade them directly to followers, or drop them one at a time. When multiple Dragon Bones are dropped as a bundle and picked up by a
- console commands to add them to the player's inventory result in a Form ID error. This can be fixed by using "
player.placeatme 0003ADA 4 1" to place a single set of the bones at your feet for you to pick up and the ID works normally after. Sometimes, in the very beginning of the game, the ID codes for the Dragon Bones become bugged and