| Base Value:|
|Type: Misc. Item|
Dragon Bones are a crafting material found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Each bone is quite valuable, but at 15 per piece, Dragon bones are by far the heaviest items used for the skill of smithing.
- Between one and three bones can be obtained from the skeletal remains of a Dragon.
- One can be found in Valerica's Study in Castle Volkihar, on a table covered in bones. (requires the The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard add-on).
- General Goods Merchants, Alchemy Merchants, and Thieves Guild Fences will buy Dragon Bones without the player first having earned the Merchant perk from the Speech skill tree, but, strangely, Smiths won't.
- When multiple Dragon Bones are dropped as a bundle and picked up by a follower, the game may only add a single Dragon Bone to the follower's inventory. To avoid this bug, trade them directly to followers.
- Sometimes, in the very beginning of the game, the ID codes for the Dragon Bones become bugged and console commands to add them to the player's inventory result in a Form ID error. This can be fixed by using "<player.placeatme 0003ADA 4 1>" to place a single set of the bones at your feet for you to pick up and the ID works normally after.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)