| Base Value:|
|Type: Misc. Item|
Dragon scales are a crafting material found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Dragon scales are one of the main components used to make Dragon Scale Armor and Dragonplate Armor. Dragon scales are quite valuable, but their heavy weight makes it difficult to carry very many at once.
- Dragon scales are obtained from the skeletal remains of Dragons. A dead dragon will normally yield 1 - 6 scales.
- There is a single Dragon Scale in Rorikstead. At the top of the hill next to a pile of rubble there is a shrine to Akatosh where the scale can be found.
Dragon Heartscales are a unique type of dragon scale that can be obtained by looting a dragon's corpse while having the unique Dragon Priest Dagger Kahvozein's Fang, equipped in the right hand. Dragon heartscales have the same weight and value as normal dragon scales. However, they have a slight color difference.
- Selling Dragon scales may be difficult early in the game, as many merchants do not have much gold.
- General Goods merchants and Alchemy merchants buy Dragon scales, but, oddly, Smiths won't (unless the Merchant perk has been activated).
- Dropping Dragon Scales in quantities of six or greater for followers to pick up causes them to merge into one clump, as is usual. However, when Followers pick up the scales, they do not always retain their original quantity, rather, they sometimes drop down to one scale. A solution is to trade with followers instead.
- If dropped from the inventory in a stack, when picked up they may be marked as stolen.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)