| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
20-40 points of extra damage to dragons, 10 points of shock damage to others.
|Class: One-Handed, Sword|
|Upgrade Material: Quicksilver Ingot|
|Perk: Steel Smithing|
It strongly resembles the Akaviri Katana, the sword that the Blades used during the Third Era. The hilt (tsuka) is wrapped in strips of black leather and the guard (tsuba) is brass in the shape of a stylized coiled serpent.
It can be obtained in Sky Haven Temple during the quest "Alduin's Wall". It is located on a table in an atrium just off to the left of the main chamber, along with a full set of Blades armor and six Blades swords.
Dragonbane's unique enchantment causes a leveled amount of extra damage to dragons and Shock Damage to others; this is not the same as other shock damage enchantments, however, since it does not do any damage to Magicka. This weapon cannot be disenchanted to learn its effects.
Dragonbane also has a unique visual effect where sparks of electricity fizzle along the length of the blade.
It quickly drains its charge, limiting its usefulness.
The damage, weight, value as well as the magnitude of the enchantment are based on the Dragonborn's level the first time Sky Haven Temple is entered. The best possible version is available at level 46.
|1-18||10||10||970||20 points of extra damage to dragons, 10 points of shock damage to others||000F1AC1|
|19-26||11||11||1298||25 points of extra damage to dragons, 10 points of shock damage to others||000F71CD|
|27-35||12||12||1510||30 points of extra damage to dragons, 10 points of shock damage to others||000F71CE|
|36-45||13||13||2105||35 points of extra damage to dragons, 10 points of shock damage to others||000F71CF|
|46+||14||14||2766||40 points of extra damage to dragons, 10 points of shock damage to others||000F71D0|
- The level 46+ version has the same damage rating as a Daedric Sword and is lighter.
- PC Users can type player.additem 000FF9F2 1 into the console and let the game's level system randomly choose which version of the weapon to add.
- This sword could be depicted on the ancient Dragonborn prophecy on Alduin's Wall.
- Dragonbane's unique visual effect is only visible on the left side of the blade. This effect cannot be seen in first person view if Dragonbane is in the player's left hand unless they are moving left, right or forward.
- If the Paarthurnax quest is active, taking it will be counted as stealing.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)