| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
20-40 points of extra damage to dragons
10 points of shock damage to others
|Class: One-Handed, Sword|
|Upgrade Material: Quicksilver Ingot|
|Perk: Steel Smithing|
Dragonbane is a leveled unique Blades Sword found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Because the sword is leveled, the magnitude of the enchantments, base strength and value are based upon character level.
It strongly resembles an Akaviri Katana, the sword that the Blades used during the Third Era. The hilt (or tsuka) is wrapped in strips of black leather and the guard (or tsuba) is brass in the shape of a stylized coiled serpent.
Dragonbane's unique enchantment causes a leveled amount of extra damage to dragons and Shock Damage to others; this is not the same as other shock damage enchantments, however, since it does not do any damage to Magicka. This weapon cannot be disenchanted to learn its effects.
Dragonbane also has a unique visual effect where sparks of electricity fizzle along the length of the blade.
The damage, weight, value as well as the magnitude of the enchantment are based on the Dragonborn's level the first time Sky Haven Temple is entered. The best possible version is available at level 46.
|1-18||10||10||970||20 points of extra damage to dragons, 10 points of shock damage to others||000F1AC1|
|19-26||11||11||1298||25 points of extra damage to dragons, 10 points of shock damage to others||000F71CD|
|27-35||12||12||1510||30 points of extra damage to dragons, 10 points of shock damage to others||000F71CE|
|36-45||13||13||2105||35 points of extra damage to dragons, 10 points of shock damage to others||000F71CF|
|46+||14||14||2766||40 points of extra damage to dragons, 10 points of shock damage to others||000F71D0|
- The level 46+ version has the same damage rating as a Daedric Sword and is lighter.
- PC Users can type player.additem 000FF9F2 1 into the console and let the game's level system randomly choose which version of the weapon to add.
- If the sword is not taken during the quest Alduin's Wall, it will count as stolen, along with the Blades Armor, until Paarthurnax is killed.
- This might be a possible reference to the sacred sword in Valkyrie Profile, also named Dragonbane.
- Dragonbane's unique visual effect is only visible on the left side of the blade. This effect cannot be seen in first person view if Dragonbane is in the player's left hand unless they are moving left, right or forward.