|Skill Level||Master (100)|
|Effect||Caster ignores 80% of all physical damage for 30 seconds|
|Spell Tome||Quest reward|
Dragonhide is a Master-level Alteration spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Casting the spell grants 80% physical damage reduction to the caster for 30 seconds. This is the equivalent of achieving a displayed armor rating of 567, which is the maximum possible reduction that can be achieved with regular armor.
This 80% reduction stacks with regular armor, but only if the armor is already equipped when you cast it.
- Stability - Increases the duration to 45 seconds.
- Dual Casting - Curiously, being a two-handed spell, Dragonhide can be dual cast by holding down both casting buttons, the animation is no different, but it uses twice as much magicka and increases the duration to 99 seconds when teamed with Stability.
- Necromage - Vampirism, combined with the Necromage perk from the Restoration skill tree, Stability, and Dual Casting increases the duration to around two and a half minutes.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 1389
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Tolfdir gives the Dragonborn this spell tome at The College of Winterhold after completing the Alteration Ritual Spell quest. This quest is only available if the player's Alteration skill is at least 90, the same as all other Master spell ritual quests, excluding Destruction.
- Casting this spell before a difficult fight can have a great effect on survivability, if the Dragonborn doesn't have good armor equipped. 80% damage reduction is the cap, and can't be exceeded by any armor. The steep cost of Magicka can be offset by using potions, obtainable en masse using Alchemy, or by magicka reduction clothing/jewelry using Enchanting, or both.
- Dragonhide is one of the two Master Spells that can actually be dual wielding to increase the duration, the other being Guardian Circle in Restoration school.
| Candlelight • Detect Dead • Detect Life • Dragonhide • Ebonyflesh • Equilibrium • Magelight • Mass Paralysis • Oakflesh |
Paralyze • Ironflesh • Stoneflesh • Telekinesis • Transmute Mineral Ore • Waterbreathing
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Alteration Ritual Spell • Mage Armor • Magicka • Perks • Magic • The College of Winterhold • Alteration trainers|