If the quest "Dragon Rising" has not been completed, this area will be populated by a few Forsworn and a Hagraven along with Forsworn tents and a bloody altar. If the quest has been completed, a dragon will be present with a dead Hagraven nearby.
There may be as many as three dragons in and near this area.
- Chest next to the Word Wall
- Expert locked chest in broken tower directly north from Word Wall (on the second level past the hole in the floor)
- Imperial Light Armor set (minus Shield) on a corpse just south of the tower
- Because the word wall is so close to the cliff face behind it, the dragon that appears here cannot sit on top of it. This makes the dragon lie down on the ground instead.
- There is a spawn location at the bottom of the hill along the path to the location. If the Dragonborn fast travels to Dragontooth Crater, be aware that traveling down the hill will cause the spawn location to activate. The location can spawn anything from a harmless mad person babbling about the Wabberjack or peddler to a group of Forsworn or Blood Horkers. If groups of enemies spawn, this could be harmful if a high-level dragon is already being fought.
- Sometimes, when fast traveling to this location, a dead Hagraven will appear at the Dragonborn's feet.
This section contains bugs related to Dragontooth Crater. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes the dragon cannot be killed and the dragon will not attack. Upon returning later, one will find the dragon dead and the soul/loot gained.
- Occasionally, the dragon's head is stuck in the ground and will not attempt to attack.
- Occasionally, the dragon may flee to an unreachable part of the map, rendering the player unable to complete.