- 1 Word: 5 points of damage to stamina for 30s, stagger effect of 0.8
- 2 Words: 5 points of damage to stamina and magicka for 30s, stagger effect of 0.8
- 3 Words: 5 points of damage to stamina, magicka, and health for 30s, stagger effect of 0.8
- Gormlaith Golden-Hilt prefers to use this shout instead of Disarm or Unrelenting Force once Dawnguard is installed.
- The version used by Revered and Legendary Dragons does more damage and will home in on the Dragonborn from a distance. Damage can be avoided by standing behind something solid as the creature shouts.
This section contains bugs related to Drain Vitality. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Marked for Death shouts, a second version (or several more) of one of them, that uses the same words, will appear in the shout menu and will be usable, with all the words having a cooldown of 12. Its description will say "Drains 1 points of Health per second for 20 seconds. Drains 1 point of Magicka per second for 20 seconds. Drains 1 points of Stamina per second for 20 seconds." Spending a soul on Marked for Death also counts as using it on said copy. Each time a new word is learned for Marked for Death, it is learned for this alternate version as well.
If the Dragonborn has acquired at least 1 word of both the Drain Vitality and
- Fix: Start a new game without Dawnguard installed, after acquiring all 3 words of Marked for Death, it is now possible to install Dawnguard, then acquire Drain Vitality, without the glitched duplicate shout.
- Fix: Un-installing Dawnguard (which will remove all of Dawnguard's content and quest progression), then completing the Marked for Death shout. And, finally, re-installing Dawnguard.
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked for Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|