|Coax both magical and mortal energies from your hapless opponent.|
|Recharge||30, 60, 90|
- Main article: Dragon Shouts
The first word is found in the course of the Dawnguard campaign in Dimhollow Crypt, in the large chamber after finding Serana during the quest "Awakening". Another word can be found in the Forgotten Vale, on an island in the middle of a frozen lake east of the world map indicator guarded by the twin dragons Naaslaarum and Voslaarum. Another word can be found at Arcwind Point to the left of the altar.
1 Word: 5 points of damage to stamina for 30s, stagger effect of 0.8
2 Words: 5 points of damage to stamina and magicka for 30s, stagger effect of 0.8
3 Words: 5 points of damage to stamina, magicka and health for 30s, stagger effect of 0.8
This shout does not absorb those values; it only causes damage. It is unknown if this is a bug or was intentionally done by the developers.
- Gormlaith Golden-Hilt prefers to use this shout instead of Disarm or Unrelenting Force once Dawnguard is installed.
- Marked For Death shouts known, a second version (or several more) of the former using the same words as Marked For Death will appear in the shout menu and will be usable, with all the words having a cooldown of 12. Its description will say "Drains 1 points of Health per second for 20 seconds. Drains 1 point of Magicka per second for 20 seconds. Drains 1 points of Stamina per second for 20 seconds." Spending a soul on Marked For Death also counts as using it on said copy, since they use the same words, and each time you learn a new word for Marked for Death you learn it for this alternate version as well. This version might also have been a single shout that ended up being split into the Marked For Death and Drain Vitality. (for unknown reasons you do not have to have 1 word of Drain Vitality for this bug to occur.)
If you have at least 1 word of both the Drain Vitality and
player.removeshout xx018244 Possible solution: Use the console command
- Possible solution: Use the console command
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard (First appearance)
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked For Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|