- 1 Word: 5 points of damage to stamina for 30s, stagger effect of 0.8
- 2 Words: 5 points of damage to stamina and magicka for 30s, stagger effect of 0.8
- 3 Words: 5 points of damage to stamina, magicka, and health for 30s, stagger effect of 0.8
Locations: Dimhollow Crypt, Forgotten Vale, and Arcwind Point
|HET NOK KOPRaaK DO SVOLO|
WO PIRaaK MULaaG Wah KRiiN
DOVah NUZ NI GaaN Wah
|Here lies (the) body of Svolo,|
Who possessed strength to kill a
Dragon but not (the) stamina to
|LUNGERD WahLaaN QETHSEGOL|
ahMULii VahRUKT THORGRIMA
DeiNMaaR DO SahQON YOLOS
ahRK DROG DO Lah
|Lungerd raised (this) stone|
in her husband's memory (of) Thorgrima
Keeper of crimson fire
And lord of magicka.
|HET Mah ARNVID FaaL|
STaaDNAU WEN HaaS DENOS
MINDIN KeiN DO GALIK KOLOS
ROK OFaaL DILOS AHRaaN
|Here fell Arnvid the|
Unbound, whose health decline
After (the) war of Galik crags
he received (a) fatal wound.
- Gormlaith Golden-Hilt prefers to use this shout instead of Disarm or Unrelenting Force once Dawnguard is installed.
- The version used by Revered and Legendary Dragons does more damage and will hone in on the Dragonborn from a distance. Damage can be avoided by standing behind something solid as the creature shouts.
This section contains bugs related to Drain Vitality (Dawnguard). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Marked for Death shouts, a second version (or several more) of one of them, that uses the same words, will appear in the shout menu and will be usable, with all the words having a cooldown of 12. Its description will say "Drains 1 points of Health per second for 20 seconds. Drains 1 point of Magicka per second for 20 seconds. Drains 1 points of Stamina per second for 20 seconds." Spending a soul on Marked for Death also counts as using it on said copy. Each time a new word is learned for Marked for Death, it is learned for this alternate version as well.
If the Dragonborn has acquired at least 1 word of both the Drain Vitality and
- Fix: Start a new game without Dawnguard installed, after acquiring all 3 words of Marked for Death, it is now possible to install Dawnguard, then acquire Drain Vitality, without the glitched duplicate shout.
- Fix: Un-installing Dawnguard (which will remove all of Dawnguard's content and quest progression), then completing the Marked for Death shout. And, finally, re-installing Dawnguard.
help "drain vitality"and
player.removeshout <ID>, one can remove all versions of the bugged shout and then if words of the shout were already discovered, re-add the words with
player.teachword <ID>(see IDs above). Using the console commands
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay|
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked for Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|