Draugr are among the most common foes in Skyrim's many crypts and catacombs. They retain the ability to wield weapons such as swords, axes, and bows, and higher ranked draugr can even use Dragon Shouts.
Most draugr use ancient Nordic weapons, although the high ranked variants can use ebony weapons. Some draugr only appear as corpses, usually containing a few pieces of gold. Draugr are weak to fire as well as silver weapons. Draugr loot includes a chance of bone meal, jewelry, gems, soul gems, ingots or potions. Their armor can be crafted at the Skyforge in Whiterun after completing The Companions quest "Glory of the Dead," or found in these locations.
Amongst the DraugrEdit
It has taken her seven months to learn how to be able to approach the draugr without being regarded as a threat, although she could not learn to understand their language. Bernadette stated that she had "...always wondered why the ancient priests of the dragon cult insisted that their followers be buried with them," until noticing everyday a different set of draugr would awaken and prostrate themselves before the priest's sarcophagus, after which they would meticulously clean the area. Their dedication after death also seemed to explain why they so ferociously defend their chambers.
After further observation, she reports that when the group of draugr came to pay homage to their fallen leaders, a distinct flow of life-force could be noted between the priest and the followers. The second eternal life of the dragon cult was only promised to those who ascended to priesthood, while the lesser functionaries contributed their life force to sustaining them for eternity.
Directly quoting the book:
Draugr come in a number of variants. The specific type that is encountered is typically level-dependent; however, lower leveled Draugr can still be encountered at higher levels. All Draugr are immune to poison and have a 50% resistance to Frost.
|Draugr||1||50||0||80||Ancient Nord Bow, Ancient Nord Arrows, Ancient Nord War Axe||None|
|Restless Draugr||6||175||0||205||Ancient Nord Bow, Ancient Nord Arrows, Ancient Nord War Axe||Frostbite|
|Draugr Wight||13||400||0||340||Ancient Nord Bow, Ancient Nord Arrows, Ancient Nord War Axe||Frostbite, Ice Spike|
|Draugr Scourge||21||900||0||480||Ancient Nord Bow, Ancient Nord Arrows, Ancient Nord War Axe||Unrelenting Force, Conjure Frost Atronach|
|Draugr Overlord||30||1000||10||575||Ancient Nord Bow, Orcish Arrows, Ancient Nord War Axe||Frost Cloak, Disarm, Unrelenting Force|
|Draugr Deathlord||40||1300||10||625||Ebony Bow, Glass Bow, Ebony Arrows, Ancient Nord War Axe||Frost Cloak, Disarm, Unrelenting Force|
Draugr Warriors - Two-HandedEdit
|Draugr Thrall||1||12||0||200||One-Handed Ancient Nord Weapon||None|
|Draugr||1||50||0||80||Ancient Nord Battle Axe, Ancient Nord Greatsword||Iron Shield||None|
|Restless Draugr||6||150||0||204||Ancient Nord Battle Axe, Ancient Nord Greatsword||Iron Shield||Unrelenting Force|
|Draugr Wight||13||320||0||340||Ancient Nord Battle Axe, Ancient Nord Greatsword||Iron Shield||Disarm|
|Draugr Scourge||21||700||0||480||Ancient Nord Battle Axe, Ancient Nord Greatsword||Iron Shield||Unrelenting Force, Summon Frost Atronach|
|Draugr Overlord||30||1000||10||575||Ancient Nord Battle Axe, Ancient Nord Greatsword||Iron Shield||Frost Cloak, Disarm, Unrelenting Force|
|Draugr Deathlord||40||1000||10||575||Ebony Warhammer, Ebony Battleaxe, Ebony Greatsword||Ebony Shield||Frost Cloak, Disarm, Unrelenting Force|
Draugr Warriors - One-HandedEdit
|Draugr||1||50||0||80||One-Handed Ancient Nord Weapon||Iron Shield||None|
|Restless Draugr||6||150||0||204||One-Handed Ancient Nord Weapon||Iron Shield||Unrelenting Force|
|Draugr Wight||13||320||0||340||One-Handed Ancient Nord Weapon||Iron Shield||Disarm|
|Draugr Scourge||21||700||0||480||One-Handed Ancient Nord Weapon||Iron Shield||Unrelenting Force, Summon Frost Atronach|
|Draugr Overlord||30||1000||10||575||One-Handed Ancient Nord Weapon||Iron Shield||Frost Cloak, Disarm, Unrelenting Force|
|Draugr Deathlord||40||1000||10||575||One-Handed Ancient Nord Weapon, or random Ebony Weapon (both if Ebony Bow)||Ebony Shield||Frost Cloak, Disarm, Unrelenting Force|
|Draugr Thrall||1||50||150||50||Ancient Nord Weapon||Frostbite|
|Restless Draugr||6||150||50||180||One-Handed Ancient Nord Weapon||Frostbite|
|Draugr Wight||13||490||100||280||One-Handed Ancient Nord Weapon||Frostbite, Ice Spike|
|Draugr Scourge||21||700||160||380||One-Handed Ancient Nord Weapon||Conjure Frost Atronach, Frostbite, Ice Spike|
|Draugr Overlord||7||210||0||180||Enchanted Ancient Nord Weapon||Iron Shield||Unrelenting Force|
|Draugr Wight Lord||15||490||0||450||Enchanted Ancient Nord Weapon||Iron Shield||Disarm, Unrelenting Force|
|Draugr Scourge Lord||24||880||0||595||Enchanted Ancient Nord Weapon||Iron Shield||Disarm, Unrelenting Force, Frost Breath|
|Draugr Deathlord||34||1290||10||645||Enchanted Ancient Nord or Ebony Weapon||Iron Shield||Frost Cloak; Disarm, Unrelenting Force, Frost Breath|
|Draugr Death Overlord||45||1400||10||700||Ebony Weapon||Iron Shield||Frost Cloak, Disarm, Unrelenting Force, Frost Breath|
|Hulking Draugr||26||800||0||505||Dented Iron Shield||Unrelenting Force|
There are three types of draugr lying or standing in burial niches. The first kind look like skeletons and never have loot, nor do they ever awaken. The second kind, which look fleshier than the first kind, but wear no armor, are loot containers. The third kind are sleeping draugr who look like the second kind, but their body model includes armor and these will awaken and attack the Dragonborn if they sense their presence. If the Dragonborn is sufficiently stealthy, a way to distinguish between the second two types is to mouse over the draugr. If the search text comes up, they are loot containers and if not, they are currently susceptible to a sneak attack.
In battle, higher level draugr make extensive use of the Unrelenting Force shout. Although the ability can throw off a sword swing or an aimed arrow, it typically doesn't knock the Dragonborn off balance. Draugr can be found using the Detect Dead spell or Aura Whisper, while using a power attack on, or casting a Frenzy spell at a closed coffin containing a draugr can cause it to emerge without harming the Dragonborn. If the Dragonborn has a high enough Sneak skill, it is possible to crouch walk towards a sleeping Draugr and successfully kill them with one hit.
Draugr are some of the very few humanoid enemies who are unaffected by decapitation.
- Although the in-game help for soul gems states that 'undead' enemies do not have souls to capture, this is referring to resurrected enemies only. Draugr do indeed yield souls that can be trapped (captured):
- Draugr yield Petty Souls.
- Restless Draugr and Draugr Wights yield Lesser Souls.
- Draugr Scourges yield Common Souls.
- Draugr Deathlords yield Greater Souls (Level 30) or Grand Souls (Level 40).
- Draugr Death Overlords yield Greater Souls (Level 34) or Grand Souls (Level 45).
The following are phrases that are uttered by the Draugr:
- Qiilaan Us Dilon! (Bow before [the] Dead!)
- Bolog Aaz, Mal Lir! (Beg [for] Mercy, Little Worm!)
- Kren Sosaal! ("Break [and] bleed")
- Dir Volaan! ("Die Intruder!")
- Aar Vin Ok! (Aar means "Slave/Servant." Vin is unknown, but could be Viik meaning "Defeat." Ok means "His," making it "Servant Defeat His." Could mean either "Defeat His Servant" directed at the player's follower or "Servant, Defeat Him"; Aar, Viik Rok.)
- Unslaad Krosis! ("Eternal Sorrow.")
- Faaz! Paak! Dinok! ("Pain! Shame! Death!")
- Aav Dilon! ("Join [the] Dead!")
- Sovngarde Saraan! ("Sovngarde Awaits!")
- In Old Norse, the word "draugr" meant "ghost," "spirit," or "undead."
- Draugr appearance is randomized and not gender specific. This means that a Draugr can spawn with a female body and a beard.
- In the quest "The Staff of Magnus," unique spectral Draugr are encountered. According to Creation Kit, the spectral Draugr in Labyrinthian (also referred as Hollowed Dead) are classed as
DraugrMagicRace, separated from default Draugr race.
- Draugr armors cannot be unequipped, because the character models are counted as a whole piece, instead of separated armor pieces.
- Higher level Draugr, such as Deathlords, will often laugh at the Dragonborn and followers whilst in combat.
- Draugr with spells only seem to use ice-based or ice-related spells.
- Attempting to pick the pocket of a sleeping draugr will awaken it and cause it to begin a search and/or attack.
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse|
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton|
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|