- Main article: Draugr (Skyrim)
The Draugr Death Overlord is a variant of draugr found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is one of the most powerful types of undead, and typically serves as the strongest foe in a draugr filled dungeon.
Draugr death overlords are encountered at level 37 and above, and normally will not make any appearances beforehand. Rare cases of encountering them at lower levels can occur: they can be encountered as low as level 12, depending on what dungeon or Ancient Nord temple is visited.
They use Ebony or Ancient Nord weapons, which may also be enchanted, increasing their effectiveness. Those using one-handed weapons may also carry Ebony shields, making for a formidable defense. Most will use shouts, such as Unrelenting Force or Disarm.
Death Overlords wielding Two-Handed weapons are extremely dangerous opponents, requiring both skill and strength to defeat. They will often send less powerful draugr to surround and disorient the Dragonborn to help in their attack. Like all draugr, they are immune to poison and are resistant to frost.
Death Overlords may have the following items in their inventory:
- Ebony weapons
- Ancient Nord weapons (honed or standard)
- A leveled amount of gold
- Bone meal
- Precious gems
- Soul gems
- Random ingots
- Nine Divines amulets (i.e., Amulet of Talos, etc.)
- There is always a Draugr Death Overlord on the throne at the end of Volskygge before exiting to Volskygge Peak, regardless of one's level. Although this means a very difficult fight, it also means that the Dragonborn can get an Ebony weapon early on.
- Draugr Death Overlords are one of the few Draugr able to use all three words of the Unrelenting Force shout.