- Even if the Dragonborn kills him, Drelas can possibly send a Hired Thug to teach the Dragonborn a lesson, as part of the Not-Quite-Hidden Theft quest.
- Drelas can follow the player outside and can get caught up in a fight with the dragon found near this location.
- Drelas can represent a difficult opponent for low-level players, so caution is advised.
- When entering his cottage during daytime, he will likely be hunched over the Arcane Enchanter in the corner, with his back to the door. With a high enough Sneak skill or potion, the player will be able to perform an initial sneak attack.
- It is best to use lightning spells to damage his magicka pool.
- Drelas will often retreat upstairs and attempt to heal himself, so a good strategy is to use a Magicka Poison during the initial attack.
- Drelas respawns after long periods of time.
- If Harmony spell is used on him (he's too powerful for low-level Calm spells), he will speak trespassing NPC lines like "You're not supposed to be in here".