|Location||Northwest of Dustman's Cairn|
Drelas' Cottage is a small dwelling located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
It's a small cabin located west of Hamvir's Rest, south of Morthal, in the vale between the mountains. The cottage's owner, Drelas, is a Dunmer mage specializing in dark magic. If he detects the Dragonborn he will become hostile and attack. He uses Firebolt, Lightning Bolt and frost spells, but Ice Spike appears to be the most common.
An Arcane Enchanter and an Alchemy Lab are inside, along with plenty of ingredients for potions. A chest containing the mage's valuables can be found upstairs. Outside the cottage there is a small vegetable garden and a chicken's nest with three chickens. It is also possible to receive Meridia's Beacon from the chest in his upstairs bedroom.
- A Dragon often spawns flying outside the cottage due to a dragon location nearby, which leads to a Word Wall just up the hill northwest of Drelas' Cottage. As with many other Word Walls, there is a dragon guarding it.
- Like few other locations in Skyrim, Drelas' Cottage or Drelas himself are not tied or involved in any known quests or miscellaneous objectives.
- Drelas' home is an alchemy treasure trove, but everything taken will be considered "stolen"
- Talking to followers may lead to the dialogue line, "You aren't supposed to be in here" resulting in the inability to trade, give commands or wait as staying in the cottage is counted as trespassing.
This section contains bugs related to Drelas' Cottage. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Slow Time when in Drelas' Cottage will have a permanent effect until resting. Using the shout
- Taking certain thralls into Drelas' Cottage may make them hostile. One example is a Pyromancer. This could be because the thralls character class is a similar type to Drelas himself.
- Companions will not answer or help the Dragonborn while in Drelas' Cottage, they simply reply 'You're not supposed to be in here'.
- Serana is following you when you enter the cottage, there is a bug that may causes her to get stuck over Drelas's body after he is killed, standing over him like she's ready to fight. The only thing that will solve this is attacking Serana until she falls to the ground. Reentering the house, or trying to fast travel will not help. If
- Drelas doesn't respawn, nor does anyone else, like a generic mage or bandit, but the cottage's contents do respawn, but they're still flagged as "Steal".