After Weylin's assassination attempt on Margret, an Imperial operative, the Dragonborn searched his room for evidence on a motive. Learning that Weylin was employed by a mysterious person named "N," they exit the Warrens, only to be confronted by Dryston, who is angered by the Dragonborn's sleuth-work.
If the Dragonborn wins the brawl against him and does not kill him, he will reside in Weylin's room in the Warrens afterwards.
"You've been digging around where you don't belong. It's time you learned a lesson."
- You first. (Brawl) "Let's go!"
- Who sent you? "Someone who doesn't like you asking questions."
- I don't listen to threats. "You'll listen to this."
(After beating Dryston) "Ugh. You mangy piece of pit-bait!"
- Talk, or I send you to the gods. "I was sent by Nepos the Nose. The old man hands out the orders. He told me to make sure you didn't get in the way. That's all I know, I swear!"
- If "The Forsworn Conspiracy" quest has not been started when entering Weylin's Room, Dryston will be found staying in this room. He is non-hostile until one engages in conversation with him. The quest then starts at this point.
This section contains bugs related to Dryston. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Delvin and quitting will allow the Dragonborn to start again with a new target. If "The Forsworn Conspiracy" has not been started, the Dragonborn will may find a quest arrow where Dryston should be, but the NPC will be nowhere to be found, resulting in the Dragonborn being unable to complete this quest. He can also bug out this way in the Companions radiant quest for Vilkas "Rescue Mission." Simply returning to