During the Skyrim Conquests in 1E 416, Dumac and Indoril Nerevar formed the First Council, an alliance of Chimer and Dwemer, against the Nordic threat. During the history First Council, it is noted that the Rourken Clan refused to join him. On the Chimer side, House Dagoth, the Sixth House, was absent.
The combined armies of the Chimer and Dwemer were successful in stopping the Nordic Invasion. He and Nerevar were known to have been in attendance of the coronation of King Gorieus in 1E 461, diplomatically representing Resdayn in relative peace.
Unbeknownst to him, one of his chief council members, Kagrenac, was working in secret to create a new Dwemer God. Voryn Dagoth discovered this, informing Nerevar, who then went to ask Dumac if the statement was true. Kagrenac took great offense, asking Nerevar who he was to question to question their affairs, and Dumac claimed his people were innocent of any wrongdoings. Nerevar later went to Vvardenfell one last time to negotiate with the Dwemer, quarreling bitterly with Dumac, who was still oblivious to Kagrenac's plans. The First Council broke down, and the War of the First Council began.
During the resulting Battle of Red Mountain, Dumac led the Dwarven forces out of their strongholds, having automatons and atronachs at his command. Nerevar drew Dumac's armies into the fields, where they were defeated by his generals, while he travelled to the Heart Chamber. Nerevar killed Dumac with the Ethos Knife, and they both collapsed from the wounds and draining magics.
- Carvings depicting Dumac appear on doors throughout Vvardenfell in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and the Dwemeris found on them reads "In loving memory, Gary Noonan, Sr." This is a homage to the father of developer Gary "GT" Noonan, who passed away during development.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online (Mentioned only)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dwarven Door Translation, Aldmeri Alphabets ― The Imperial Library
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Nerevar at Red Mountain
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 36
- ↑ Five Songs of King Wulfharth
- ↑ The Tale of Dro'Zira
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Pocket Guide to the Empire, Third Edition: Morrowind
- ↑ Dwemer Inquiries Vol I
- ↑ The Seven Curses
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 War of the First Council
- ↑ Rislav the Righteous
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 The Battle of Red Mountain
- ↑ Varieties of Faith in the Empire