- Main article: Enemies (Skyrim)
Dwarven Centurions are very large mechanical guardians in Dwemer ruins. Their giant bodies, undoubtedly designed for combat, are constructed of solid Dwemer blocks and armored with thick dwarven plates. Their arms are equipped with a warhammer and battleaxe. Their enormous body makes them move slowly, but this is balanced by the ability to take lots of damage and use very powerful attacks, making them extremely dangerous to low level opponents.
Of all the Animunculi left behind by the ancient Dwemer, the Dwarven Centurions are the most elaborately constructed, well-armed, defensive, and arguably the most dangerous.
- Shimmermist Grotto
- Aetherium ForgeDG
Centurions prefer to stay within melee range, which can cause stagger. Compared to other Dwemer automatons, they have a very high damage resistance. Like the other Dwemer automatons, they are highly resistant to magic and ranged attacks. Higher level Centurions can fire steam as well as melee. The only weakness of the Centurion is its lack of speed.
The steam attack fired by the centurion is considered a magical attack for purposes of magic resistance; a high magic resistance will significantly reduce the damage caused by the steam. A centurion's steam attack is a medium to short ranged weapon and can usually be avoided by staying out of range, but the attack can damage through doors.
- Random drops:
There are three different models of Dwarven Centurions.
|Dwarven Centurion Guardian||30||819||15||416||0010E753|
|Dwarven Centurion Master||36||1000||15||540||150% Damage output||00023A96|
The basic Centurions. They attack with melee attacks, and have relatively low health compared to the other types.
Dwarven Centurion GuardianEdit
These use powerful melee attacks combined with firing hot steam at their opponents.
Dwarven Centurion MasterEdit
This kind features a lot of armor, as well as the capability to do more damage to their opponents with attacks. The Master Model attacks with melee and steam.
A unique boss called the Forgemaster can be found in the quest Lost to the Ages with the addition of Dawnguard. It is larger than a normal centurion and spits fire instead of steam and is more resistant to fire than other centurions.
- Centurions are vulnerable to fire but are very resistant to weapons like all other Dwemer automatons.
- Centurions which are encased in walls step out when a character gets too close. This cannot be prevented by sneaking.
- Centurions can often be avoided as they can't open doors or go through small doorways (example shown during the College of Winterhold quest "Revealing the Unseen" when a key is needed from a chest).
- Centurions will sometimes not attack the Dragonborn when Falmer are nearby, or may completely ignore any nearby Falmer and focus only on the Dragonborn.
- Centurions continue to walk normally under water (observed in Nchardak).
- The Visage of Mzund allows the Dragonborn to use a similar steam attack.
- Arrows will do damage to the centurion even if it pings off of its front deflector chestplate.
- An effective, if slow, way of killing a Centurion is to wear light armour while firing either arrows or Destruction spells at it while sprinting away at regular intervals.
- Although not confirmed, it's possible the centurion was built to resemble their Dwemer creators.
- It is not advised to conjure Atronachs in the presence of a Centurion, as the collossus will easily be able to dispatch most conjured enemies. Only Flaming Familiars prove effective against Centurions, as they explode in a large radius of fire damage when defeated and cost minimal magicka.
- The steam attack on a Dwarven Centurion Master, at least, appears to not hit when you're at pointblank range, making them a very good enemy with which to level Blocking.
- A Dwarwen Sphere can be seen in the Elder Scrolls: Online's Help center, when requesting help, a page with a dwarwen sphere will appear, possibly concept art.
This section contains bugs related to Dwarven Centurion (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
|Click to see the list of bugs encountered|
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse |
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton |
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|