- Main article: Enemies (Skyrim)
Dwarven Centurions are very large mechanical guardians in Dwemer ruins. Their giant bodies, undoubtedly designed for combat, are constructed of solid Dwemer blocks and armored with thick dwarven plates. Their arms are equipped with a Dwarven Warhammer and a Dwarven Battleaxe. Their enormous body makes them move slowly, but this is balanced by the ability to take lots of damage and use very powerful attacks, making them extremely dangerous to low level opponents.
Of all the Animunculi left behind by the ancient Dwemer, the Dwarven Centurions are the most elaborately constructed, well-armed, defensive, and arguably the most dangerous.
- Shimmermist Grotto
- Aetherium ForgeDG
Centurions prefer to stay within melee range, which can stagger the Dragonborn. Compared to other Dwemer automatons, they have a very high damage resistance. Like the other Dwemer automatons, they are highly resistant to magic and ranged attacks. Higher level centurions can fire steam as well as fight at melee range. The only weakness of the centurion is its lack of speed. Fire magic is useful against centurions, just as with other Dwemer automatons.
The steam attack fired by the centurion is considered a magical attack for purposes of magic resistance; a high magic resistance will significantly reduce the damage caused by the steam. A centurion's steam attack is a medium to short ranged weapon and can usually be avoided by staying out of range, but the attack can damage through doors.
- Random drops:
There are three different models of Dwarven centurions.
|Dwarven Centurion Guardian||30||819||15||416||0010E753|
|Dwarven Centurion Master||36||1000||15||540||150% Damage output||00023A96|
The basic centurions. They attack with melee only, and have relatively low health compared to the other types.
Dwarven Centurion GuardianEdit
These use powerful melee attacks combined with spraying hot steam at their opponents.
Dwarven Centurion MasterEdit
The Centurion Master features a lot of armor, as well as the capability to do more damage to their opponents with attacks. This model attacks with melee and steam.
A unique boss called the Forgemaster can be found in the quest Lost to the Ages with the addition of Dawnguard. It is larger than normal centurions and spits fire instead of steam. It is also more resistant to fire than other centurions, but it has a weakness to frost.
- Centurions are vulnerable to fire but are very resistant to weapons like other Dwemer automatons.
- Centurions which are encased in walls step out when a character gets too close. This cannot be prevented by sneaking.
- Centurions can often be avoided as they can't open doors or go through small doorways (for example, during the College of Winterhold quest "Revealing the Unseen" when a key is needed from a chest).
- Centurions will sometimes not attack the Dragonborn when Falmer are nearby, or may completely ignore any nearby Falmer and focus only on the Dragonborn.
- Centurions continue to walk normally under water (observed in Nchardak).
- The Visage of Mzund allows the Dragonborn to use a steam attack, similar to a Centurion.
- Arrows will do damage to the centurion even if they ping off of its front deflector chestplate.
- An effective, if slow, way of killing a centurion is to wear light armor while firing either arrows or Destruction spells at it while sprinting away at regular intervals.
- It is not advised to conjure Atronachs in the presence of a centurion, as the colossus will easily be able to dispatch most conjured enemies. Only flaming familiars prove effective against centurions, as they explode in a large radius of fire damage when defeated and cost minimal magicka.
- The steam attack on a Dwarven centurion master, at least, appears to not hit when the Dragonborn is at pointblank range, making them a very good enemy with which to level Blocking.
This section contains bugs related to Dwarven Centurion (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- After killing a centurion, the Dragonborn can sometimes appear to shoot steam out of their body. This can affect the detection while invisible or sneaking.
- Become Ethereal shout. Sometimes the metal supports holding them can't be activated while using the
- Sometimes using a shield bash on a dormant centurion will cause it to remain paralyzed until it is killed.
- Sometimes when shouting as a werewolf it stops and doesn't attack.
- Sometimes when the gate is closed before entering Blackreach the centurion goes through it.
- Centurions have been known to stand still in front of the Dragonborn or a follower, not attacking, but strafing around them.
- If a centurion is killed by using a sneak attack BEFORE it steps away from its frame, it cannot be looted and no longer exists as a solid entity (meaning it is possible to walk through it)
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse |
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton |
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|