Dwemer Museum is a location in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The museum is located in Understone Keep in Markarth off to the right of the entrance with one guard standing by the door. It contains the accumulated findings of Calcelmo's work from Dwemer ruins all over Skyrim, including deactivated Dwarven spheres, Dwarven spiders and Dwarven centurions.
The museum also displays various pieces of kitchenware that were created and used daily by the Dwemer. Many of the guards complain about postings in the ruins as traps claim the lives of many of them. Despite having guards detailed to the museum it appears the Jarl takes very little interest in it as he rarely visits, for which Calcelmo is thankful.
It is a great place to improve lockpicking thanks to all the adept and expert display cases inside. Additionally, it contains a great deal of the assorted Dwemer metals, which can be used for smelting over 100 Dwarven Metal Ingots.
The museum is attached to Calcelmo's Laboratory. It is locked unless the miscellaneous quest to kill Nimhe has been completed.
The museum is the location of the Dwarven Sphere Centurion Arrow, a unique item. It also contains many Dwemer weapons and armor.
- The Dwemer Museum is one of the locations in the Thieves Guild quest "Hard Answers."
- The miscellaneous quest to kill Nimhe is needed to legally gain entry.
- Legal entry is also allowed if Calcelmo has been assisted in "The Book of Love" side quest.
- A Stone of Barenziah is available in the first gated room on the left.
- There is a broken fountain within the museum that contains a coin purse and a few loose septims, as if someone was using it for a wishing well.
This section contains bugs related to Dwemer Museum. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- When Delphine takes the Dragonborn's items for safekeeping during part of the main questline, the museum key may glitch when taken. When it is retrieved, there are 21538 functional copies of it. This will slow the console down every time character menu is accessed or bodies looted.
- The slowdown can be avoided by leaving the keys in a chest that will not be visited again, since keys cannot be dropped.
- Re-entering the museum may cause the quest Hard Answers to restart
- This can be avoided by obtaining the key from Calcelmo by killing Nimhe before returning.
- The Dwarven Sphere Centurion Arrow may get stuck in the display case
- Resolved by reloading a previous save
- When entering the laboratory, any follower may begin saying, "you're not supposed to be in here."
- A dwarven shield may be obtained directly from a display case without lockpicking.
- After completing the quest "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine," if the Dragonborn's time is not served and Markarth escaped, then 2 - 5 days later the Dragonborn returns to Markarth and enters the Dwemer museum, then kills the guards in the museum section; upon returning to Markarth the guard on the right will talk about a bounty. Selecting either to pay it or return may result in the speech looping. At this point, it is possible to select "You must be making a mistake," then exit when that's highlighted. This will stop guards talking about a bounty, so it need not be paid unless they are spoken to again.