|Enemies||Markarth City Guard|
Dwemer Museum is a location in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The museum is located in Understone Keep in Markarth off to the right of the entrance with one guard standing by the door. It is the accumulated findings of Calcemo's work from ruins all over Skyrim, including deactivated Dwarven Spheres, Dwarven Spiders and Dwarven Centurions. The museum also displays various pieces of kitchenware that were created and used daily by the Dwemer. Many of the guards complain about postings in the ruins as traps claim the lives of many of them. Despite having Guards detailed to the Museum it appears the Jarl takes very little interest in it as he rarely visits, for which Calcemo is thankful.
It is a great place to improve lockpicking thanks to all the adept and expert holding cases inside. Additionally, it contains a great deal of the assorted Dwemer metals, which can be used for smelting over 100 Dwemer Metal Ingots.
The museum is attached to Calcemo's Laboratory. It is locked unless the quest Hard Answers has been started
The museum is the location of the unique Follower-only item Dwarven Sphere Centurion Arrow. It also contains many Dwemer Weapons and Armor.
- The Dwemer Museum is one of the locations in the Thieves Guild quest Hard Answers.
- The miscellaneous quest Kill Nimhe is needed to legally gain entry.
- You can also gain legal entry if you have assisted Calelmo in the Book of Love side quest.
- There is a broken fountain within the museum that contains a coin purse and a few loose Septims, as if someone was using it for a wishing well.
- When Delphine takes your items for safe keeping during part of the main-questline the Museum key may glitch when taken, and when you retrieve it there are 21538 functional copies of it. This will slow your console down every time you access your character menu or loot bodies, so it is a good idea to leave the keys in a chest that won´t be visited again, since keys cannot be dropped.
- Re-entering the Museum may cause the quest Hard Answers to restart, to avoid this obtain the key from Calcemo by killing Nimhe before returning.
- The Dwarven Sphere Centurion Arrow may get stuck in the Display case so the Dragonborn will have to reload from the last save.
- When entering the laboratory, your follower will shun you and say 'you're not supposed to be in here' as you are technically trespassing.
- A Dwarven Sheild may be obtain directly from a Display Case without lockpicking.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)