|Quests||Cleansing the Stones|
The Earth Stone is one of the representative stones of the Skaal's deity known as the All-Maker. It is west of Raven Rock on the island of Solstheim. When the stone is firstly encountered, many inhabitants of Raven Rock will have been indoctrinated by Miraak, being forced to construct something around the stone.
Bralsa Drel, Rirns Llervu and three Redoran Guard will work at the stone day and night. Raven Rock citizens Cindiri Arano, Dreyla Alor, Fethis Alor, Glover Mallory and Milore Ienth typically visit the stone at night and begin work like the others.
Free from their indoctrination, all workers will return to Raven Rock after the stone is purged in the quest Cleansing the Stones.
- Those indoctrinated around the stone will be reciting Miraak's Mantra and will repeat it if spoken to.
- The Dragonborn can be forced to work on the Earth Stone after sleeping in The Retching Netch inn, along with Raven Rock's inhabitants.
- The Dragonborn can also make their follower activate the Earth Stone, which will force them to work on the stone and recite Miraak's Mantra. This can be reversed by simply attacking or running into them.
- Interestingly, some followers, such as Derkeethus, don't recite the mantra when spoken to after having them activate the Earth Stone.
- It is strange that the stone is named after the planet Earth, and yet Skyrim takes place on Nirn.