|Class: Heavy Armor|
|Upgrade Material: Ebony Ingot|
|Perk: Ebony Smithing|
Ebony Armor is a set of heavy armor that appears in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It can be forged if the Ebony Smithing perk from the Smithing skill tree is selected at level 80 or above. The set contains five pieces, including a shield, boots, a cuirass, gauntlets, and helmet. Pieces of Ebony armor can also be used at the Atronach Forge in the Midden to craft pieces of Daedric armor. Ebony Armor is the third strongest non-unique heavy armor in the base game, under Dragonplate Armor and Daedric Armor.
Unenchanted pieces of armor will begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 32 and enchanted variants can be found at level 33. Pieces of Ebony Armor can, however, be found as low as level 20. These locations include:
- Blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item.
- Sometimes Ebony Armor pieces/weapons can be found as early as level 12 as random loot. Found in Mehrunes Shrine most commonly at this level.
- The Ebony WarriorDB wears a full enchanted set.
- Boethiah's Chosen at the end of the quest "Boethiah's Calling" wears a full set, minus the armor, which is replaced by the Ebony Mail. (Note: Sometimes he may not be wearing the helmet.)
- An Ebony Shield may be found at any level in Valthume.
- A pair of Ebony Boots will always be in or out one of the locked sheds at Narzulbur, regardless of the Dragonborn's level. They are located behind the shed, making them easy to steal. (Note: They respawn, so if the Dragonborn is arrested and the boots taken away, another pair can easily be stolen)
- An Ebony Shield may be found in Labyrinthian during the quest "The Staff of Magnus".
- An Ebony Shield may be found in the Cracked Tusk Vaults, in the second gated room.
- An Ebony Helmet can be found at Fort Amol (on the outside) in a chest located near the alchemy lab (found at Level 29+).
- An Ebony Shield can be found at any type level behind an Expert locked door in Forelhost.
- An Ebony Helmet can be found on the giant at Steamcrag Camp (found at level 29+).
Attributes by pieceEdit
|Piece||Ebony Ingot||Leather Strips||ID|
|Total (with shield)||128||76||3,550||18||10||–|
|Total (without shield)||96||62||2,800||14||9||–|
- Ebony Mail - A Daedric artifact of Boethiah and a unique armor piece of Ebony armor. It is considered part of the Ebony armor set, and, because of this, it can be used to grant the matching set bonus that can be obtained with the regular armor piece.
- Masque of Clavicus Vile - Like the Ebony Mail, the masque fulfills the Matching Set perk.
History in other gamesEdit
Ebony armor has appeared in every main Elder Scrolls title since Arena, where it usually serves as the set statistically outdone only by Daedric armor. Skyrim, however, omitted greaves, dropping the count from six to five pieces in the set.
This section contains bugs related to Ebony Armor (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- weight to the inventory. After a few hours, however, the weight is added. When Ebony armor is picked up, it will not add any
- Matching Set may not be added when a full set of Ebony armor is equipped. This glitch may also occur when Boethiah's Ebony Mail armor is equipped with other parts of the Ebony armor set. The 25% armor bonus added from the perk
- The skin around the neck may be visible through the armor in the third person view with male characters but not with female characters.
- When looking at oneself in third person view while wearing a full set of Ebony armor, one's head may not be present when looking at the shadow. This normally happens while playing as a male.
- The shield may appear invisible, making the left hand appear to be unarmed.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online