|Class: Heavy Armor|
|Upgrade Material: Ebony Ingot|
|Perk: Ebony Smithing|
Ebony armor can be forged if the Ebony Smithing perk from the Smithing skill tree is selected at level 80 or above. The set contains five pieces, including a shield, boots, a cuirass, gauntlets, and helmet.
- Blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item.
- Sometimes Ebony Armor pieces/Weapons can be found as early as level 12 as random loot. Found in Mehrunes Shrine most commonly at this level.
- The Ebony WarriorDB wears a full enchanted set.
- Boethiah's Chosen at the end of the quest Boethiah's Calling wears a full set, minus the armor, which is replaced by the Ebony Mail. Note; Sometimes Boethiah's Chosen may not be wearing the Helmet.
- An Ebony Shield may be found at any level in Valthume.
- A pair of Ebony Boots will always be in or out one of the locked sheds at Narzulbur, regardless of the Dragonborn's level.
- An Ebony Shield may be found in Labyrinthian during a quest for the College of Winterhold
- A pair of Ebony Boots are found in a chest at the end of Swindler's Den.
Attributes by pieceEdit
|Name||Ebony Ingot||Leather Strips||Item ID|
|Total (with shield)||128||76||3550||17||10||-|
|Total (without shield)||96||62||2800||13||9||-|
- Ebony Mail - A Daedric artifact of Boethiah, is a unique armor piece of Ebony armor, however it is not considered part of the Ebony armor set. Because of this it cannot be used to grant the matching set bonus that can be obtained with the regular armor piece.
History in other gamesEdit
Ebony armor has appeared in every main Elder Scrolls title since Arena, where it usually serves as the set statistically outdone only by Daedric armor. Skyrim, however, omitted greaves, dropping the count from six to five pieces in the set.
- weight to the inventory. After a few hours, however, the weight is added. When Ebony armor is picked up, it will not add any
- Matching Set" may not be added when a full set of Ebony armor is equipped. This glitch may also occur when Boethiah's Ebony Mail armor is equipped with other parts of the Ebony armor set. The 25% armor bonus added from the perk "
- The skin around the neck may be visible through the armor in the third person view with male characters but not with female characters.
- When looking at your character in third person view while wearing a full set of Ebony armor, your character's head may not be present when looking at his shadow. This normally happens while playing as a male.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim