|Class: Heavy Armor|
|Upgrade Material: Ebony Ingot|
|Perk: Ebony Smithing|
|ID: See below|
Ebony Armor is the third strongest non-unique heavy armor in the base game, under Dragonplate Armor and Daedric Armor. Ebony shares its main component, ebony, with its stronger cousin, Daedric Armor, and also shares a similar foreboding appearance. Like Ebony weapons, Ebony Armor has a "muted" appearance, with silver engravings on the armor in similar fashion of those found on the weapons. Like the Steel Plate Helmet, the Ebony helmet also shares decorations similar to elven ears.
Unenchanted pieces of armor will begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 32 and enchanted variants can be found at level 33. Pieces of Ebony Armor can, however, be found as low as level 20. These locations include:
- Blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item.
- Sometimes Ebony Armor pieces/weapons can be found as early as level 12 as random loot. Found in Mehrunes Shrine most commonly at this level.
- The Ebony WarriorDR wears a full enchanted set.
- Boethiah's Chosen at the end of the quest "Boethiah's Calling" wears a full set, minus the chest piece, which is replaced by the Ebony Mail, though sometimes he will not be wearing the helmet.
- An Ebony Shield may be found at any level in Valthume, in a hidden room.
- A pair of Ebony Boots will always be in or outside one of the locked sheds at Narzulbur, regardless of the Dragonborn's level. They are located behind the shed, making them easy to steal. They respawn over time, so if the Dragonborn is arrested and the boots taken away, another pair can easily be stolen later on.
- An Ebony Shield may be found in Labyrinthian during the quest "The Staff of Magnus."
- An Ebony Shield can be found at any level behind an Expert locked door in Forelhost, just before the hallway that leads to the puzzle door.
Attributes by pieceEdit
|Piece||Ebony Ingot||Leather Strips||ID|
|Total (with shield)||128||76||3,550||18||10||–|
|Total (without shield)||96||62||2,800||14||9||–|
- Ebony Mail – A Daedric artifact of Boethiah and a unique armor piece of Ebony armor. It is considered part of the Ebony armor set, and, because of this, it can be used to grant the matching set bonus that can be obtained with the regular armor piece.
- Masque of Clavicus Vile – Like the Ebony Mail, the masque fulfills the Matching Set perk.
- Ebony armor has appeared in every main Elder Scrolls title since Arena, where it usually serves as the set statistically outdone only by Daedric armor. Skyrim, however, omitted greaves, dropping the count from six to five pieces in the set.
- Pieces of Ebony armor can also be used at the Atronach Forge in the Midden to craft pieces of Daedric armor.
This section contains bugs related to Ebony Armor (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- weight to the inventory. After a few hours, however, the weight is added. When Ebony armor is picked up, it will not add any
- Matching Set may not be added when a full set of Ebony armor is equipped. This glitch may also occur when Boethiah's Ebony Mail armor is equipped with other parts of the Ebony armor set. The 25% armor bonus added from the perk
- The skin around the neck may be visible through the armor in the third person view with male characters but not with female characters.
- When looking at oneself in third person view while wearing a full set of Ebony armor, one's head may not be present when looking at the shadow. This normally happens while playing as a male.
- The shield may appear invisible, making the left hand appear to be unarmed.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online