- For other uses, see Ebony Helmet.
The Ebony Helmet is a piece of heavy armor and part of the Ebony Armor set found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Unenchanted helmets will begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 32 and enchanted variants can be found at level 33. These locations include:
An Ebony Helmet requires a Smithing level of 80 and the Ebony Smithing perk to create. It can be forged at a blacksmith's forge with the following components:
It can be upgraded with an Ebony Ingot at a workbench and also benefits from the Ebony Smithing perk, which doubles the improvement.
This section contains bugs related to Ebony Helmet (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Please reload an old save to confirm if the bug is still happening.
- If the bug is still occurring, please post the bug report with the appropriate system template 360 / XB1 , PS3 / PS4 , PC / MAC , depending on which platform(s) the bug has been encountered on.
- Be descriptive when listing the bug and fixes, but avoid having conversations in the description and/or using first-person-anecdotes: such discussions belong on the appropriate forum board.
- 360 Equipping the helmet removes the head from the player's shadow.
- The Ebony Helmet will appear much lighter colored than the rest of the armor.
- Can be duplicated with the mannequin.
- The helmet may not appear and may instead render the Dragonborn bald until unequipped.