| Base Value:|
Ebony is a form of volcanic glass-like material found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is rare, and is the most expensive ore and ingot.
Blacksmiths and merchants typically sell Ingots and Ore at level 27 in some cases. Aside from randomly placed veins throughout Skyrim, only two Ebony mines exist: Gloombound Mine and Redbelly Mine. (Raven Rock Mine in Dragonborn.)
The following is a list of static locations where Ebony ingots and ore can be found:
- A few Ebony ingots can be found at the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. These respawn every seven days.
- Two veins can be found at the top of The Throat of the World.
- In the middle of Shor's Stone (the location of the aforementioned Redbelly Mine also inside of it), there is a Smelter with three Ebony Ore which may be taken without stealing.
- At least one may be found in the same chest that contains Runil's Journal.
- The locked safe (expert level) in Markarth's Treasury House has been known to sometimes spawn at least 2 Ebony ingots and an Ebony Armor. These need to be stolen, however.
- A random higher-level ingot of metal can be found in the lower decks of Wreck of the Brinehammer halfway between Dawnstar and Solitude, along with miscellaneous ore. Ebony is a possible ingot.
- Gloombound Mine replaces its Ebony Ore supply after a month in Skyrim days.
- In reality, Ebony is a heavy, hard and expensive black wood. It's commonly used to craft ornamental statuettes.
- The Ebony material, being described as a "glass-like volcanic substance," may be the Elder Scrolls equivalent of Obsidian.