|Ebony Ingot (Skyrim)|
| Base Value:|
Ebony is a form of volcanic glass-like material found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is relatively rare, and thus is the most expensive ore and ingot.
The following is a list of static locations where Ebony ingots and ore can be found:
- A few Ebony ingots can be found at the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. These respawn every seven days.
- Two veins can be found at the top of The Throat of the World.
- In the middle of Shor's Stone (the location of the aforementioned Redbelly Mine also inside of it), there is a Smelter with three Ebony Ore which may be taken without stealing.
- At least one may be found in the same chest that contains Runil's Journal.
- The locked safe (expert level) in Markarth's Treasury House has been known to sometimes spawn at least 2 Ebony ingots and an Ebony Armor. These need to be stolen, however.
- A random higher-level ingot of metal can be found in the lower decks of Wreck of the Brinehammer halfway between Dawnstar and Solitude, along with miscellanious ore. Ebony is a possible ingot.
- Gloombound Mine replaces its Ebony Ore supply after a month in Skyrim days.
- In reality, Ebony is a heavy, hard and expensive black wood. It's commonly used to craft ornamental statuettes.
- The Ebony material, being described as a "glass-like volcanic substance," may be the Elder Scrolls equivalent of Obsidian.
Behind the scenes
- Unless otherwise stated, the information above was obtained from in-game play or from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Creation Kit.