| Base Value:|
Ebony Ore is used to make Ebony Ingots at a Smelter. Once made into ingots, it can be used to make Ebony Armor and weapons as well as Daedric Armor and weapons, Dragonbone Weapons if Dawnguard is installed, and finally Nordic Carved Armor and weapons if Dragonborn is installed
Due to its rarity, it's a good idea to collect it from as many locations as possible (particularly Gloombound Mine) and as early in the game as possible so that the ore veins can replenish themselves after 30 game days have passed. Note that entering the mine before it has replenished will reset the timer to zero, so save before entering when checking whether or not ore has respawned.
Ebony Ore veinsEdit
Ebony ore veins are mined with a pickaxe. Each vein, when mined, gives the player 3 ores (a common misconception is that only 2 are gained because, when mining, it only says that you get the ore on the 3rd and 9th hit when you actually get them on the 6th hit as well - you can hear the sound effect, but there is no written notification). There are also 3 chances to produce a precious gem.
Ebony Ore can be purchased from Blacksmith merchants or mined:
- 16 veins in Gloombound Mine (1 vein commonly glitches, becoming unminable after canceling an attempt to mine it).
- 9 veins in Raven Rock Mine, in Solstheim. DB
- 6 veins in Blackreach.
- 3-7 ore chunks can be found in the locked shack near the Alchemy table and around the outside of Gloombound Mine.
- 3 veins in Redbelly Mine.
- 1 vein in Northwind Mine.
- 2 veins at the summit of the Throat of the World.
- 2 veins in Arkngthamz (in the large chamber before the puzzle - one requires you to drop down to an otherwise unreachable ledge).DG
- 1 vein at Northshore Landing in Solstheim.DB
- 1 vein on the Horker Island in Solstheim.DB
- 1 ore can be found on a shelf below deck in the Wreck of the Brinehammer.
- 1 ore can be found on the boss' corpse in Shimmermist Cave.
- Ores and Ingots can be found at the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon after Mehrunes' Razor is rebuilt during the quest "Pieces of the Past".
Ebony Ore (2)
- In real life, Ebony is a dense black wood found in Africa and India inside certain species of trees and is mainly used for ornamental purposes.