|Class: Heavy Armor, Shield|
|Upgrade Material: Ebony Ingot|
|Perk: Ebony Smithing|
- Blacksmiths and General Goods Merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item.
- Dropped as random loot by high level Draugr.
- Valthume - Upon entry to one of the rooms, the ghostly image of a Dragon Priest can be seen in the distance. By jumping along the ledge to the left, the player can reach the platform on which the Dragon Priest was standing. By going behind this ledge into the back room, the player can find an Ebony Shield laying upon a rack.
- Labyrinthian - An Ebony Shield can be found lying on top of a skeleton in the same small room where the Ancient Helmet of the Unburned rests.
- vampire characters, the shield will not be shown when equipped, nor will it provide any protection. The bug persists through region transitions, reloads, upgrades, and enchantments. The Ebony Shield and Blades Shield are the only two confirmed shields to be affected by this bug. Removing vampirism solves the problem, but a real fix still hasn't been discovered.
- Also can't mount it on a Shield Rack (since the game doesn't register you wielding it at all)
- It is still possible to "Power-Bash" with the shield as the movement and sounds still occur as if the shield is still there. Unsure of whether any damage is still caused though.
- When using the Ebony Shield with the Ebony Sword, the game thinks the shield is the sword, causing visual glitches both in first and third person. The actual sword is sheathed, but the shield acts as the sword. This is purely visual and has no effects on gameplay.