Not to be confused with the Ebony Blade.
| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One-Handed, Sword|
|Upgrade Material: Ebony Ingot|
|Perk: Ebony Smithing|
The entire weapon seems to be made out of pure Ebony, with the blade area having the thinest amount, and the hilt with the thickest. The right side of the blade seems to have a lot of complex designs of lines and swirls, while the left side does contain similar designs, but not as much. The hilt appears to have a large amount of Ebony tied around to ensure a tight grip, with an area that contains more Ebony on the top, most likely for precision.
Unenchanted Ebony Swords will begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 36, and enchanted swords can be found at level 37. These locations include:
- Blacksmiths and General Goods Merchants.
- Wielded by various Characters or Enemies, particularly Draugr Deathlords and Draugr Death Overlords.
- Found as random loot in chests, or as a world item throughout Skyrim.
- During the quest The Wolf Queen Awakened, a Draugr Deathlord can be found wielding an Ebony Sword as low as level 3.
- During the quest Tending the Flames, Olaf One-Eye might wield an Ebony Sword, even at lower levels.
- If this weapon is placed in a display case, it doesn't get placed in the middle of the case, but instead it is placed further to the right and the handle sticks out of the side of the case.
- An unechanted Ebony Sword or other ebony weapons can be found on King Olaf at lower levels.