|Ebony War Axe|
| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One-Handed, War Axe|
|Upgrade Material: Ebony Ingot|
Unenchanted ebony war axes generally begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 36 and enchanted war axes can be found at level 37. However they can appear at much lower levels. These locations include:
- Blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Wielded by various characters or enemies, particularly Draugr Deathlords and Draugr Death Overlords.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item throughout Skyrim.
- Arcwind Point - The boss Draugr may carry one at higher levels.
- Whiterun - At level 10, the Jarl carries one, but it must be pickpocketed.
- Dead Men's Respite - After initiating Tending The Flames from Bard's College, one is always carried by Olaf One-Eye. Note that this can be hard to do in low levels.
- The Ebony War Axe is equal to its Daedric War Axe counterpart in statistics, aside from a lower weight, making upgrading to Daedric a matter of personal preference rather than of statistical superiority.