|It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Volunruud, because: Small sublocations don't get their own articles. (Discuss)|
The Elder's Cairn is the crypt that contains the spirit of the ancient warrior, Kvenel the Tongue. A high level Draugr, Kvenel fights with two unique and dangerous enchanted weapons, Eduj and Okin. Combined with the ability to summon a Frost Atronach, this makes him a particularly difficult opponent.
Since all undead have a natural resistance to frost, fire-oriented enchantments or spells are recommended. It is generally not advisable to fight him at lower levels due to the high amount of damage caused by his weapons. In addition to Kvenel, there are 3-4 more leveled Draugr who fight alongside him, making the battle that much more difficult.
- Take advantage of the weakness to fire that Draugr have and use spells such as Firebolt or fire-enchanted weaponry.
- Using a shout such as Disarm makes the battle significantly easier, at the cost of possibly losing the opportunity to loot his weapons.
- Summoning Atronachs can disorient the enemies here and cause them to focus on it instead of the player. Use this to your advantage for possible backstab sneak attacks.
- Do not get cornered during the fight, try to keep moving to avoid having the enemies team up on you.
- In Kvenel's throne room, a draugr can be found that clearly has the body of a female but has a beard